Full 4G bars then randomly drops causing drop call and data
ad78

this is a replacement phone and im having issues on it. is this a faulty device or you guys having same problem? this is very annoying..

0 Likes
Re: Full 4G bars then randomly drops causing drop call and data
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Same problem.  waiting for a fix.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have seen this on a number of devices over the year and its actuallly rather common to see...  Does the connection disconnect or just drop in signal bars?  From time to time I have seen the drop of signal bars but never to a point of this being a issue.

0 Likes
peterpan2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about some more information.  Are you moving when this happens?  When and how often does it happen?

I know in my travels, if I am moving and on the phone there are times when I drop calls.  I have been told that it could be when switching towers, that I moved to a much busier tower and it dropped because it couldn't handle it at that moment.  I dial right back and usually it works fine.  

I am having a small issue with dropped calls when not moving.  Maybe one call out of a dozen will get dropped.  Yes it is a pain, but I have the same issue with my home phone being wireless.  I turn a certain way and if I am very far from the charger, it will drop the call.  Wireless.  You have issues due to "airways".  They are getting fuller.  Just like a busy highway.  At rush hour, it is bumper to bumper.  At other times everything flows just fine.

They are not perfect.  But what did we do without them in the past? 

0 Likes
AntiNorm

I had the exact same issue with my first Galaxy Nexus.  Tech support had me go to a store and get the SIM card swapped.  This didn't fix it, so I went back into the store (10 minutes later, after I had already lost signal twice) and got them to swap the phone.  The new phone has never done this.

0 Likes
ad78

i called support and they are telling me there is a fix next month. i told her that the 1st nexus i had doesnt do this.

i regards to your question. its randomly the signal is dropping down even not using it. i insisted that i cannot wait until next month because it affects my day to day interactions with other people. so they decided to send me a certified nexus. i got my shipping notification yesterday and i hope third device is much better

0 Likes