GNEX 4.0.4?
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Any one actually get the update yet OTA from Verizon? I still don't and no one else I've talked to has it.

0 Likes
Re: GNEX 4.0.4?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

They only just updated the support page yesterday and, while a few got it, the actual rollout has not started yet. But soon.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Considering how bad Verizon ****  GNEX owners I was hoping they would actually do something right, but I guess that was to much to hope for.

{Please keep your posts courteous}

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

still waiting

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Hope that we can support each other here and let the others know if in fact you do get the update.  I know it will take time for everyone to get it but certainly if they began today, it seems someone should have it.  Interesting side note. My daughter was eligible for an upgrade today and was excited to get her new I phone.  I asked her to check at the Verizon store to see what their GNEX models were running on.  She said there was only one in the entire store(this is a large store with several of each model on display).  It was back in the corner and it had duct tape over it.  When she attempted to look under the duct tape, she realized it was turned off.  She attempted to turn it on and was promptly stopped by one of the Verizon employees and told the phone was broken.  There was no apparent damage to the phone.  Wondering what that is about???

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

I saw in another thread that someone got it around 30 minutes ago...So, hoping that is a sign.

And not sure if you are being sarcastic about the duct taped GNEX...but if you don't know, there have been a lot of reports on other forums of people going into VZ stores and taking pictures of the 4.0.4. running on display devices...So, that store was probably being very cautious....[sarcasm towards VZ] because it hasn't be apparent that the update has been given to display phones and employees aside from the "soak testers."[/sarcasm]

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

I still don't have the update. I can't believe how long it took Verizon to even start pushing this update. Hopefully the rumors about Google having multiple Nexus devices this fall. I'll buy directly from them. Hopefully one of the phones, if this happens, will be a CDMA device that can be used on either VZ or Sprint.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I'm right there with you in hoping that Google will offer some CDMA handsets. Everything I've read so far only talks about GSM devices.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That's because CDMA is a licensed technology and GSM it's open source. Google can do their own work on the radio software for GSM devices, they need to rely on the carriers for CDMA devices.

rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

And Verizon is the only CDMA carrier to cause problems. Verizon should spend more time making sure the phones work as they are intended and less time pre loaded the phones with all their CRAPPS.

If Google does do only GSM Nexi devices, or only Sprint CDMA then I see VZ losing a fair chunk of customers. Directly and indirectly I have 12 phones lines I am in charge of. Close to $1500 a month. All those lines will go to either ATT and Sprint in the next year or so.

And I'm sure I am not the only Android Nexus fan who will go to another carrier for the phones. They'll take all their's with them also.

Word of month will hurt Verizon's business also.

Sure, some new people might go to Verizon, but no more unlimited data. VZ has nothing to entice people with.