Re: GNEX 4.0.4?
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Word is out that today is only a second soak test for 4.0.4.... https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/817838#817838

Can anyone else verify? This is getting unreal. I was actually thinking I could make a phone call on my Galaxy Nexus.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

You have to be joking.... this is getting ridiculous. Verizon tech's must be bottom of the barrel. They must be trained on speak-n-spells.

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

if this is the second soak test, it makes me wonder how much verizon got their hands into the update. I was on the Soak Test for the Droid X and Gingerbread...the software was so bad, that the phone was inoperable....but they didn't run a second soak on that one....

So why now? If the GNEX is a pure google experience, I think google has proven time and time again that they know how to build software....If this is true, GOOD GOING VERIZON!!!! SNAFU as always...

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

So, for whatever it is worth... I just spoke with rep about a tech support / engineer issue, and when I said I was waiting for the 4.0.4. update to hopefully rectify a problem that is not phone specific, she stated that "there was nothing in her system about the update."

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the info. This is the first I've heard about this. You're the same person that mentioned "second soak test" too, right? How is it you're getting better information than all of us? Happy to hear it, just curious.

As to the serial numbers... what the sequence, how can we tell where we fall in that 10 day lineup? Thanks

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

thanks for explaining that.

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Highly doubt that it's a soak test if the software update page is showing the update.  Usually takes a week or two for it to trickle out to everyone once they start.

MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone know if the update can become available to you at any time during the day?  I keep manually checking a hundred times a day but I wonder if I should stop wasting my time and quit checking if I don't have it by 10 AM (or whatever time for example) and then try again the next day?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it can be pushed to your device at any time of the day or night.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i doubt it's a soak test. many other blogs/sites are reporting users that are getting it:

http://peane.typepad.com/blog/2012/05/psa-verizon-galaxy-nexus-android-404-update-is-rolling-out-now...

engadget says it's a go, but i'm skeptical only bacause i have yet to actually see someone post in any of the comments of the various blogs/sites that they actually have recieved it OTA.

0 Likes