Re: GPS after DL09 update
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Bri333, I am sorry your experiencing issues with your GPS after your software update. If you have attempted to resolve your issues with routine steps that usually fix some device issues, your next step would be to visit a corporate Verizon Wireless store. The EA28 software was released to correct issues with the DL09 update. 

Additionally, I wanted to list the steps to update your phone to the EA28 Os below:

1) Click Menu

2) Click Settings

3) Click about phone

4) Click System updates

5) Click push system updates

6) Check New

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
MaxBuck
Contributor - Level 1

Not trying to pile on here, but my GPS worked great right out of the box.  That is no longer the case after the most current update; my gps is now useless.  I'll be visiting the company store for a fix.

0 Likes
Bri333
SPent more than an hour on the phone with tech support (hard reboot, reactivate...) and they ended up telling me to go to the official verizon store wherethey can update the phone via internet and usb cable. Well, took off of work, went out of my way to get to store. They were useless. Never heard of such issues and, no, they can't update thru isb, they don't have access to the updates.

I really don't want to 21st my phone and lose data from all my apps.

And VZW employee who responded: your reply was insulting: I know how to check for updates, which I thought obvious from my post. So you provided no real help.
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Feel like you're being used, tired of the wait and the run around? Come join us to voice our opinions on April 1st. Check out this FaceBook link; we will be glad to have you join us!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Contact-Your-April-Fool/171721029544794?sk=wall

0 Likes
Bri333

Whoops...there were 2 typos in my email. Correction is (typos underlined):

SPent more than an hour on the phone with tech support (hard reboot, reactivate...) and they ended up telling me to go to the official verizon store where they can update the phone via internet and usb cable. Well, took off of work, went out of my way to get to store. They were useless. Never heard of such issues and, no, they can't update thru usb, they don't have access to the updates.

I really don't want to reset my phone and lose data from all my apps.

And VZW employee who responded: your reply was insulting: I know how to check for updates, which I thought obvious from my post. So you provided no real help.
0 Likes
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone have a solution to this problem? My GPS doesn't work at all after the EA 28 update either.

0 Likes
ireash

YEP Do exactly what I did......Return the phone, get the new one and DO NOT UPDATE!

Not only did the fix NOT fix my GPS it BROKE the USB mounting....I went into the store and the Rep told me I was basically full of it...so I made him use HIS Fascinate and try to mount the USB...Guess what he got...DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS!!! He sadi...Hmm....Never seen that before...YA DUMMY...cause the new update broke it!  Verizon is seriously losing credibility with me!

so ya...Return the phone and get the new one and DO NOT UPDATE IT! Everything works on mine except the GPS still doesnt lock?? go figure!

0 Likes
Bri333

For some reason last night after charging my phone (with it off), I got the big yellow triangle saying Downloading, Do Not Turn Off Target. So I thought, Wow, maybe they are pushing the EA28 update to my phone since I've written back and forth with Verizon. But it stayed like that with the screen on (I had not turned phone on) till past midnight and I went to bed. This morning, phone off and battery drawn down. After charging and turning it on, it still has DL09. I have no idea what that was all about and if anything was really downloading.

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3
You can try the following steps listed below and if you are still having issues with GPS, please PM me your contact information.
1. Menu
2. Settings
3. Location & security
4. Make sure only Standalone GPS services and Google location services are checked

0 Likes
pooperscooper

I've tried everything. My GPS worked great after the DL09 update but since EA28 came along it's as dead as a door nail. I can leave it on for hours and not one satellite shows up.  I haven't decided yet if I want to take it to a store and get another phone or just dump all my Verizon services. Let them try and get any money from me for the remainder of my contract for something that doesn't work.  In this day an age it's an atrocious lack of quality  control for something that other vendors have no problem doing. Yes, I know no phone is perfect but basic functionality has to work. 

0 Likes