GPS performance after DL update
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I just tested GPS after DL update was installed on my phone. One word... IMPRESSIVE!!!

Inside the building, near the window, GPS cold lock is 7 (seven) seconds. I am using GPS Status application and it shows 7 GPS in view, 7 GPS in use and the accuracy is 13.9 feet.

How is your results?

0 Likes
Re: GPS performance after DL update
Yaeckman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was laying in bed at 4 this morning when I got the update and that was the first thing I tested, I tested Google Maps, Navigation, and Earth and each of them was locked in and spot in within seconds.  I am Truly happy with this update and now feel I have a fully functioning phone.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I bought 3 new Fascinates on Sep 9th..day they came out.   All 3 had GPS issues.  Would take 10

minutes to lock or never lock and google maps had my location off by about 1 mile consistently

on all 3.

I updated all 3 to DL09 today.   Excellent results.  All 3 now lock in under 30 seconds ( from inside my

house near window. )  Using Google maps and 'standalone GPS' location setting is now spot on.

Accurate to within 20 feed..maybe less.

Need some more testing outside, using directions, etc etc...but so far...update seems to have helped

significantly !!

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
My gps has worked well from the start. The only difference I have noticed is the accuracy is better, much better.
0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Wow it locked on right away and then I turned on Instamapper  that tracks my route.Went 12 miles down road to a store and on way back found it was not working.When I got home checked my route on computer and it only showed me going half way to store so I dont know what caused this because always worked good before when I connected to satellites and I even went from 9-11 satellites while on road

0 Likes