GS6 slow WiFi
rogocop9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my wife and I have the GS6 but when are connected to our Comcast home WiFi, the browsing speeds are very slow. Other devices on the network have no problem. When I run a speedtest on the phone I am getting 180/13 but any browsing or apps using internet connection run painfully slow.

Is the any advice out there that could help solve our issues?

Thank you.

Re: GS6 slow WiFi
Shempp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. Also my Note 5 is scanning for connections every 4 seconds even though the connection is strong. I have everything possible set so that it should not scan over and over but it continues to do so. My speed test shows my device is lightning fast. It is only when I attempt to access the internet via my home wifi that it is nearly imposdible. This is also happening with my galaxy 10.1 note 2014. Neither device ever had this issue before the last update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your connection always stays up to speed. Have you been able to contact your WiFi provider?
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rogocop9
Enthusiast - Level 1

My WiFi at home is running normally on all of my other devices besides my two GS6 phones.

0 Likes
Queen03
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  Wifi just drops or is sooooo slow!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rogocop9,

Thanks for confirming. Currently there are no known issues that we have been made aware of by Samsung that would be similar to what you are experiencing. If you notice that this started immediately after an update then we can try to reset the device completely allowing the update to reinstall to see if that will help. Prior to doing so we'd want to make sure that your device is backed up. You can see how to back up your device using Verizon Cloud here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/. Once backed up you can see how to reset the device here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152189/. If issues are still persisting even after a reset, we would have to recommend reaching out to your Internet Service Provider or the manufacturer of the wireless router/modem in us.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jensen709

I have the exact same issue.  Only problems on my Google Pixel 6 pro and my wife's, but works fine on my daughter's iphone.

Many other devices connected w/o issue also.

0 Likes