Galaxy ICS 4.0.2 -Verisign certificates not shown in trusted credentials
ruones
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to access certain websites and I get an 'invalid certificate error message' from VeriSign certificates specifically -- VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA - G3, why would a verisign certificate trusted by 99% of the world's computers not be part of the Galaxy ICS 4.0.2 build?

Thanks,

UG.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy ICS 4.0.2 -Verisign certificates not shown in trusted credentials
scorch968
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like your missing a root or chain certificate on your phone. Just import new ones.

View solution in original post

Tidbits
Legend

ruones wrote:

I am trying to access certain websites and I get an 'invalid certificate error message' from VeriSign certificates specifically -- VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA - G3, why would a verisign certificate trusted by 99% of the world's computers not be part of the Galaxy ICS 4.0.2 build?

Thanks,

UG.

You need to put this in Google support pages.  Google handles all the code, and updates come from Google.  You will get your best answer there for this.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i see something like that but have a choice to stop or continue on many trusted sites.

0 Likes
scorch968
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like your missing a root or chain certificate on your phone. Just import new ones.

ruones
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks scorch968, it's definitely the VeriSign chain; it was more of a rhetorical question, I'm not sure why "VeriSign" one of the top certificate providers chain would not be part of the load.

Thanks again.

0 Likes