Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
vonelliott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't you still have to pay your bill w/ suspended service?

0 Likes
vonelliott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes - I AM having an issue with my phone - my Bluetooth reception drops out and my software needs to be updated to have TRIM implemented. I heard the new Nexus update fixes those bugs and performance issues. My phone has slowed to a crawl.

Are these automated replies? By not providing the Nexus 5, you are not striving to provide the best experience.

I guess Verizon is becoming a self service company. "Root your phone and update on your own!" What do you lose? Customer Service with no answers and vague statements.

GameDiversity
Enthusiast - Level 3

You have the option to stop service and continue paying your bill, or stoping service and payment for 90 days. Because I am already out of my contract period, I went with the later

0 Likes
vonelliott
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I'm still under contract until May it makes sense why I don't have that option. However, it may be worth the $60 early term fee to try out some other carriers.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ChrisGramer wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

With this bit of news and past history (going from 4.0.+ to 4.2.2), it wouldn't surprise me if the Verizon Galaxy Nexus skips 4.3 and gets updated to 4.4.

I hope you're right, though I won't hold my breath that we'll see 4.4 before, say, 2016.

I guess I will have to eat my words there. With the announcement today none of the Galaxy Nexus models (GSM and CDMA versions) will be updated to KitKat (Android 4.4). It is disappointing to say the least. I guess now we need to hound Samsung, Google and Verizon Wireless to release the Android 4.3 update for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus so it ends at the same OS level as the other models.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Planner1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I'm not holding my breath for 4.3 to come to my Galaxy Nexus any longer. I am going to jump to 4.4 next week when our Unlocked Nexus 5 comes in. Hopefully Verizon will learn something from this. They are losing two 15 plus year customers. Good luck everyone and I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

Planner1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can also do the thing that Verizon does not want us to talk about......

Planner1
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you buy out and cancel you still have to pay the remaining months GameDiversity?

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

Ha ha ha ha ha.... You think theyll do anything?!?  You're talking about a company whose only purpose is to separate you from your money... They show time after time they don't give one whit about you because they don't value their customer base... and why shoul they?  The contract we have to agree to is nothing but a waiver for them to ignore the rules of civilized society... you sign it and you're as good as dead to them while the bleed you dry.  We have no way to incentivize them to do anything... Were locked in and we cannot band together and sue them to actually DELIVER what their <<terms removed>> marketing rubbish promised.  Arbitration is all you get... And that's an even bigger joke because THEY are the arbiters!!!  And make sure you thank the US Congress for taking VZW's money and voting for sham regulations, keeping the interest of "the people" at heart...  Yes, VERY funny indeed!

Forget about 4.3... We are NOT getting it <<terms removed>>

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
eturk001
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems that Verizon is now the worst hardware/software mobile company on earth. They're stalling upgrades to force people into buying new hardware. and, they will only support hardware purchased through them. Maybe it's to please Apple so they can cash in on being the #1 iPhone company?

They don't want the Nexus 7 on their network and I've read of a law suit because Verizon is ignoring the LTE open network agreement they signed with the FCC. http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/166763-verizon-pleads-incompetence-skirts-illegality-by-refusing-t...

America has the worst mobile corporations. Little competition. Time for us all to move over to another carrier so that carriers stock rises, they gain more profits, and can build out their network. The FCC are the useless lap dogs of the corporations.

I'm off contract in another month and will probably drop Verizon's IBM-like lock outs.

Rant complete.