Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
SpiffyItalian
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi VZW! First, the cheery corp-speak is a little insulting.

Second, if you actually cared about the devices performance, security, and user experience, you wouldn't put yourself between Google and my phone when it comes to updates. Especially a Nexus device, which by definition is supposed to be completely stock and have software support directly from Google (including direct updates).

Third, you should already be aware of a new software update for this device. It's Android 4.3. We'd appreciate it if you'd stop blocking it from us.

My entire experience with this phone has soured my view of Verizon entirely. You have the best network, but my god do you have the worst support. I dream of a day when I can just pay you money to use your network without having to go through the hassle of simply keeping my phone up to date.

Twiesner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done that, also went into preferences

changed those also.

0 Likes
steampunk_cowboy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no idea what's going on here. My last posting in this thread stated that my beloved GNex smoked itself last month or so and that Verizon replaced it with a

Samsung Galaxy S3 i535 as no i515 were available (no longer sold by Verizon... so sad). I certainly don't want to be a party to spamming and will check my profile settings today.

---

TNR

0 Likes
windnwar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lasina_VZW, that is pretty laughable, as Samsung has nothing to do with this. Nothing at all... and I've been to that link, and it has no info because Verizon, not Samsung won't set a release date. So get with someone that can give a definitive date, not just keep spouting that we should check that page because someday it might say there is an update. We don't want to have to keep checking back, we want a date. And as has been stated multiple times, the only holdup is Verizon, because Verizon insists holding approval authority over updates to this phone, which is not how a Nexus phone should work. Yet Verizon can somehow allow Apple to push updates out to the Iphones without forcing them to delay the update for months at a time.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

>Comment deleted. Keep your personal opinion of others to yourself<

Regardless of what VZW or CLs say, I think we can all agree that our device is not a real Nexus since they stand in the way of updates.  We'll never know ahead of time when or if VZW will approve an update.

I wonder if they do the same thing for the iPhone or if Apple gets to update it?

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

windnwar wrote:

Lasina_VZW, that is pretty laughable, as Samsung has nothing to do with this. Nothing at all... and I've been to that link, and it has no info because Verizon, not Samsung won't set a release date. So get with someone that can give a definitive date, not just keep spouting that we should check that page because someday it might say there is an update. We don't want to have to keep checking back, we want a date. And as has been stated multiple times, the only holdup is Verizon, because Verizon insists holding approval authority over updates to this phone, which is not how a Nexus phone should work. Yet Verizon can somehow allow Apple to push updates out to the Iphones without forcing them to delay the update for months at a time.

That's because Apple doesn't release their updates until all the carriers have finished their testing including Verizon.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jerryroy1, don't rock the boat yet! We've partnered with our friends at Samsung to give you the best wireless experience! Software updates are customized and formatted especially for our network and devices. As a result, the software updates sent to competitor phones are not always compatible and various applications are not beneficial for your device based on the potential issues that it may cause. At this time, we haven't been provided with a confirmation or estimated date for future software updates. However, we ask that you remain patient and stay tuned, http://bit.ly/n5snpq

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
readyfireaim
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Partnered with Samsung"? Really? 

Android is written and coded for the Nexus phones.  They are the foundation of the whole OS.  Manufacturers get that base code and make it work with their newer, more elaborate handsets.

VZ has stonewalled this phone and its features to help itself out.  (Blocking Google wallet in favor or Isis...)  Complaints to the FCC about letting me use my data how I want to were answered with lies and truth-stretches.

We bought NEXUS devices.  We understand that means there might be some bugs.  We understand that we might have to act as beta testers. WE ARE FINE WITH THAT.

Instead of neutering 4.3, why don't you release it to us, and start working on a bluetooth radio fix and a battery fix? 

Planner1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years and now I will have to part ways with you Verizon.  As soon as the Nexus 5 is released I'm buying out and we are jumping ship for better pricing along with no contracts.

First the 4G speeds have been sub par in the New Orleans area and signal strength is just not like it used to be.

Second I was sold into a phone that was a pure Nexus experience and it definitely is not. 

Third when it's time to upgrade I can not keep my unlimited plan unless I pay full price for both my phones from you that is three times the cost that I can get directly from Google.

Fourth the slow response to updates have been ridiculous.  I know you're trying to work the bugs out but every update release has still had problems with them.  My phone use to fly when I first got it but now I'm sure glad I have the new Nexus 7 because my Galaxy Nexus is snail slow.  Not to mention the battery life.  I get maybe a good 30 minutes of use from it and majority of it is spent waiting for things to loasd up.  The lag, bluetooth, not charging sometimes, locking up,  losing audio and resets are killing me.  I'm tired of pulling the battery out and factory resetting it.

I was once proud to be a Verizon customer but not so much anymore.

Thank you

MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

I wish I could "Like" this post.  🙂

My sentiments exactly.