Re: Galaxy Nexus Charge Bolt when Not Charging
pattig144

I was initially unhappy about receiving a refurbished phone, but - so far - it has been great. The software was different from my first 2 GNEXs - apps opened differently, nothing major, but an improvement. I suppose it was an upgrade that hadn't been sent to my phone. After a couple of days, the jelly bean update came through and it has been great. Since my first GNEX died after an updat,. I was aprehensive but I have had no problems. The last few days it has been dtopping the network, but I will reserve judgement until i see if it continues.

0 Likes
-Adam
Enthusiast - Level 1

While I can't recommend this, and I didn't come with this solution, and I am not responsible for it, I found this on "http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/forum/galaxy-nexus-help/4516-gnex-thinks-its-charging-when-its-not-2...", and it worked for me perfectly;

"What has worked if you read the link, is a toothpick slightly pressing the male portion of micro usb up toward screen. While I am not suggesting anyone try it worked for me until Plugged in again"

In my case it has worked so far, even after plugging it in, the male part(on the phone itself) was slightly moved towards the back of the screen, all I did was moved it towards the front of the screen, placing it in the middle, I have plugged it in multiple times and so far so good, Amazing!

pog108

So Im having the same issue. I even replaced the USB with a Samsung OEM USB Port. Why hasnt VZY or Samsung offered a recall? I mean seriously there is enough of us if we all called in or mailed a certain person we could gain some attention.

And if that didnt work what about a class action (you know what) to bring this to their attention? I know they have dont a lot to improve their customer service but all they have are a bnch of people with good manors on the phones who dont know how to think. Im so frustrated that I am no longer locked into a contract it's very tempting to change providers. Only if they didnt have a monoply on the service where I live.

0 Likes
pete4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same problem as mentioned above. Battery drains extremely quickly now and seems to constantly cycle the screen on and off every few seconds, especially when the charge gets below 30%. It's to the point where if I'm not charging my battery will only last about 6 hours, even with minimal usage.

Starting today, it won't charge at all when powered up. I've tried 3 different charges with the same result. Wiped the phone, but even that doesn't seem to have helped. What is the fix for this issue?

0 Likes
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

the only thing I've done, cause it happens to me too, is after I unplug it and the bolt is still there or Light Flow still shows my Light notification as charging is to just turn the phone off normally and turn it back on again and it's been fine after that every time.

I clean my phone with alcohol wipes for glasses, but never actually cleaned the charge port itself, I'm gonna try with a can of air I use on my pc. It only happens a few times during two weeks or so, so hopefully that'll solve it. from the response above.

0 Likes
gsmitchell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi all! Yes, I am another one of the unfortunate owners of a Gnex with this issue. I wanted to send out a reply to everyone that says to replace the USB charging port. I just had mine replaced, and it did not fix the problem. I have also tried different batteries, and I have read where some people are fixing this by *** gently *** bending the USB connector up ( toward the screen ). That also did not fix my problem. I even contacted the Samsung help desk, who said they were unaware of this issue ( ahem, right...).   Due to not wanting to lose my unlimited data plan, I bought mine used and don't have the option of returning to Verizon for a replacement. Has anyone found a solution for this? Thanks!

0 Likes
-Adam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think you read this:

"While I can't recommend this, and I didn't come with this solution, and I am not responsible for it, I found this on "http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/forum/galaxy-nexus-help/4516-gnex-thinks-its-charging-when-its-not-2...", and it worked for me perfectly;

"What has worked if you read the link, is a toothpick slightly pressing the male portion of micro usb up toward screen. While I am not suggesting anyone try it worked for me until Plugged in again"

In my case it has worked so far, even after plugging it in, the male part(on the phone itself) was slightly moved towards the back of the screen, all I did was moved it towards the front of the screen, placing it in the middle, I have plugged it in multiple times and so far so good, Amazing! "

Just updating that mine is fixed since I did that. In my case, the male portion of micro usb(on the phone itself) was not in the middle and was slightly bent, and was touching the bottom side. Make sure that the inner male part is not touching the side part. Again you are 100% responsible for trying this, and any resulting consequences but mine got fixed.

Good Luck

Adam

0 Likes
Williamsickels23

I to am having this problem!!! It seems obvious that it is a software issue and of course Im about a month past my warranty date!

0 Likes
gsmitchell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Adam, thank you for the suggestion!   However, I am still having no luck with this.  I have tried almost all the suggestions I can find, and no go.  😞 

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Take an old toothbrush and clean the micro usb port by gently brushing the connectors.

0 Likes