Galaxy Nexus Not Charging and when disconnected from power it thinks it's charging
zph

Dear Verizon,

I purchased this phone 7 months ago.  It's been a very nice phone.

Until it started doing the following:

- Not charging reliably when plugged in

- When not plugged in, it oscillates between acting as if it were charging, then discharging, on a 1 second cycle for alternating.

I've done the following to troubleshoot:

-Verified that I'm still using the original charger

-Rebooted

-Hard booted by removing battery

None of these have reliably fixed the issue.  As the phone is only 7 months old... I'm pretty concerned that it's going bad this quickly.  This phone is used for work, which makes it more urgent.

I can also be reached at <Personal information removed for privacy.>

Thanks for your help.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus Not Charging and when disconnected from power it thinks it's charging
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

That's wild,1) would it be possible for you to go into a Verizon Store and insert one of their batteries and see what happens?  2)Factory reset i ALWAYS my last option, but many have said, it's best after a major update(frankly if I'm not having trouble, i see no point in it, except.....the system files should be super clean and more efficient).   If #1& 2 fail then they need to replace your phone.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus Not Charging and when disconnected from power it thinks it's charging
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

This is a peer - to - peer forum and we are customers just like you. This isnt a message board directly to Verizon but sometimes the employees will stop by and help. Having said that, the steps that you have taken are going in the right direction. The next thing to do is a hard reset, which takes the phone back to factory settings, as if it were fresh out the box. That should fix your issue. You should back up your phone first so you can restore everything. You can search the forums if you need help on how to do that. you should be fine afterwards. If not, then you will know its a hardware issue.

0 Likes
zph

1) I can try that, though I'll go to my non local store since they were rude and unhelpful when I was in there before.

2) Tried resetting to a clean installation.  No change.  I should have added that to my original post.

0 Likes
zph

Thanks for your response @mrpearsoy.

Since I've done the clean install and it did not fix the issue, what's my next step since it does seem to be a hardware issue?  Any idea if it falls under warranty?  The phone has been pampered, with no imperfections that would indicate poor care.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

yeah its still covered under the 1 year warranty. call cust care from a LL or a phone thats different from yours, 800-922-0204. Dont be alarmed if they have you do a hard reset again. You can tell them youve done it but its been my experience that they will have you do it again for kicks and giggles.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I like my service at Best Buy west Wichita....but go to the east one, they are stuck up individuals that are more impressed w/ themselves than giving good service....same thing can happen to a Verizon store, the east one is far superior in sales and SERVICE than the brand new super west one in New Market Square.

My W. BB store would help anyone, the good news they are more proficient in trouble shooting than the Verizon stores as they service a few carriers...they would help as they might sell a new battery, and if phone is under warranty, go to the V store and ask for help, then if you get the same reaction, say, "just a minute, since you are so (rude, unhelpful, and unwilling to help) I'll call Verizon Customer Service" and do so from right there.  The reason I'd try a new battery is because I've gotten an extra charger that was supposed to be compatible w/ the Nexus, and the phone would act stupid, flicker uncalled screens, pages would flip in my e-reader.

My favorite BB would help any way they could and offer advice because their store manager knows that good service brings in new and return customers.  As for store you went to, it might just be that individual.

0 Likes
zph

Cool.  Thank you very much for taking the time to respond =D.  I'll give them a call today or tomorrow when I get a chance and post back here to help anyone else that has a similar problem.

Very nice getting straight answers to set me in the right direction.

0 Likes
zph

Yep, that's the experience I'm hoping for... ie that the other store is more pleasant to deal with. 

Also, hopefully the phone customer service is good.  I know a few people who are pretty happy with the phone customer service.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

YES THEY DO!!! LOL, they love resets......they want to hear your phone die while on the phone I guess <grin> but one they they should be able to do is, run through the different system file versions to make sure they are complete, etc.  Well it's booming here, so I'm closing down my system, good luck.

0 Likes