Re: Galaxy Nexus Periodic Restart / Reboot
Tidbits
Legend

Ok on the next reboot if you have one go to settings and then battery and see if there is a empty gap in the chart.

No gap is a soft reset which could be caused from your radio crashing and certain software type bugs.

A gap is a hard reset it is easier software causing the OS to crash.

What software do you have installed. Some software is not compatible with ICS even if you can install it from the market.

0 Likes
bfp

Thanks for the reply. I have done two hard resets, removed all downloaded apps, and my phone still reboots. I will surely check the battery next time, and I won't have to wait long. I had two reboots this past Sunday while doing nothing, and this is my second GN. The only time my phone has not rebooted is when I operate in "safe mode." Even during the time I had no apps installed my phone rebooted. Very frustrating. I appreciate your reply.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It doesn't reboot in safe mode? I have a feeling its bad cache. When you do a factory reset do you have restore google backup off before logging into Google?

0 Likes
stumblingbubble
Enthusiast - Level 1

the nexus rebooting has nothing do with what your saying. do a google search. My 3rd nexus 4 factory reset no apps. no google sign nothing it reboots bad ics software that needs fixed soon.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Uhuh... Google searches complaining about it without any real troubleshooting beyond a factory reset and battery pull. If it had something to do with the device it would STILL happen in safe mode if it was the hardware. If it was specifically the software or firmware it would affect ALL Galaxy Nexus. Which isn't happening. If it affects some, but not all it has to be differences between devices... Setup settings and caching errors...

There's one thing I'd like to try but most people wouldn't try it as it ia beyond most peoples comfort level.

0 Likes
sky-king
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. Will do.

0 Likes
krypto1341
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just a follow up-

I uninstalled the updates for Google Video and Google Maps and stopped having the problem. I waited about a week to verify the problem was solved and havent had any problem since. I recently manually updated both programs just to see if the problem was corrected and I'm still reboot free. Hope this helped someone else!

0 Likes
stumblingbubble
Enthusiast - Level 1

No it is a know issue get over it the phone is a dud untill its fixed.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Like the big Apple isn't a dead give-away. All phones can have issues. Including the iphone. What you choose to do about is up to you. I find it hard pressed you actually had an Android device.

0 Likes
ZanmanTV

Over the past week it's randomly rebooted 4 times. So that's an issue.

When you turn the phone sideways for the keyboard it start's to lag horribly.

I had my first dropped call last night, except it wasn't "dropped" the phone just went silent and I had no signal.

Sometimes the GPS is pretty good, other times it show's me a couple miles away from my current location. 

The native mail client sucks.  I miss the gingerbread Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket one called Social hub.

Battery life blows. I'm lucky if I can get 4 hours out of this thing.  Even when I have it on the charger at 50% and say I play netflix, the battery actually goes DOWN. So. wtf.

It's actually kinda laggy, not as smooth as the Skyrocket.

You can't change the soft buttons, what the F**** I MISS THE SEARCH (MAGNIFYING GLASS) BUTTON.  This probably pisses me off the most.

When I send MMS messages to people it just sit's at "SENDING" and never sends, then when I send them another picture say the next day, they get bombed with the picture or pictures I sent them the previous day.

I also get failed SMS messages, I have to try and re-send a couple times.

Also, apparently there's no way to get rid of the default google search bar.  That's bogus I want another 4x1 or 5x1 space free on my home screen.

So there's no way to actually close apps?  The soft key for recent applications used is kinda retarded.  I think I've used it maybe once in the month I've had it.  Needs to be a search bar instead.

And I think my last complaint about this phone, is that the speaker/volume on the phone sucks.  it's gotta be perfectly quiet some place in order for me to hear netflix or youtube, or I have to always have headphones with me.  The Galaxy S II Skyrocket was loud as hell and I could hear it fine over crowds.

The camera sucks cause if there was any source of light behind the object I am trying to photo, there's bleed in from that light source so the picture end's up sucking.  Also I don't think it has any stablization feature??  All the pictures I take come out blurry. And 5 mega pixel?  Really?  This is your flag ship phone?

THE ONLY THING, that I've found good about this phone thus far is the download speeds.  If I'm in a good area or outside, I get 22+mbps down, 9+ mbps upload. 

So yeah, all in all.  I miss my iPhone, AND I miss my Skyrocket.  I feel sorry for those suckers who paid 300 for this peice of s**t.  Great now I'm angry again.

0 Likes