Re: Galaxy Nexus and 4.0.4: My Experience
ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was offered to switch to a Droid RAZR yesterday while I was chewing out a high level customer service rep, but I turned it down. I'm not letting Verizon take the easy way out with me. They're getting me that d*** update. No offense to you rhoopes, but I'm not getting a tradeoff with whatever VZW bloatware-loaded smartphone they're hawking nowadays. I paid for a Nexus, and I want a Nexus. I was able to get the rep to refund me the entirety of my data plan and he claims he's going to have a straight answer on the release date for me by next Wednesday. We'll see, Verizon. If they can't give me any kind of answer by then, I'm about 99% sure we'll be going over to T-Mobile, and I'll get a real Nexus with proper support and functionality.

rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Not a stupid question. No, they didn't fade to the small dots like when in some apps, or just hide themselves like when watching a movie in Netflix. They just up and vanished. The "help" at the Verizon store was no good. Thinking back it happened the most when rotating my phone from upright to landscape if that makes sense. Oh yeah I have Google Goggles App. I have almost all the Google Apps. Google Sky map is pretty cool also. Shows the night sky. Star chart and all that.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

They only way I'd trade my Nexus for another phone is if it was the Motorols Droid RAZR HD that's been spotted in China and all the Verizon CRAPPS could be removed. Like I would really pay extra to use those stupid apps. Have you tried VZ Navigator? Not all that good. Like getting directions from your wife. Tells you to turn right as soon as you pass the road your suppose to be turning onto.

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

I'm still Pl jamming on leaving to Tmobile in October.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

I'm under contract for awhile so I would have to spend a lot for early termination. But if Sprint would get a Motorola Nexus phone or Google developed a CDMA Motorola Nexus that could be used on Sprint, I would probably spend the cash and jump ship.

Frustration with Verizon is beyond words right now.

0 Likes
no786
Enthusiast - Level 2

same problems here..
i think it is terrible customer service and have contemplated canceling all our plans and heading to t-mobile with a real nexus from google..

RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

thats the whole reason i want to get the OTA.. want to see if it will actually fix some of the issues i have with the phone... i have a bad gut feeling that the cdma nexus is faulty and the gsm one might fare better (in addition to regular proper updates).

if this ota doesn't fix the issues, i have no reason to stay with verizon. the nexus is why i came. verizon is why i may leave.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

The CDMA version of the Galaxy Nexus is not faulty in general, Sprint's CDMA verision is working fine from all the research I did. I chatted with people on Android Central and Droid Life who purchased it and they do not have any of the problems that the Verizon version is having. Of course they all have the latest update that we do not have. Thanks to Verizon's lack of concern over the Galaxy Nexus's ability to work correct, we are all stuck with a $300 dollar paper weight.

0 Likes
ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're right, rebretz. All accounts I've read/heard from VZW reps themselves say that the 4.0.4 update is golden, and yet it still hasn't been released? Every 4.0.4 GN works flawlessly, and Verizon won't let us have functional phones they sold us. I'm filing another complaint with the FCC. The other stupid thing: Verizon charges us $350 - $10/mo. as an early termination fee to pay them back for the part of the phone they subsidize, and yet a Galaxy Nexus direct from Google is $400. And that one works!

wellser09
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd like to add

3.5) Rotation is slow for everything not just keyboard

4) Horrible lag with almost all live wallpapers

5) Wi-fi stops working at random times (but may be related to #1)

6) Bought the extended battery and battery life is still very very poor.

0 Likes