<< Personal information removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus and 4.0.4: My Experience
RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think the previous version of android might have messed up with phone

battery or maybe even hardware. I notice my phone isn't running as hot

anymore either. Batt life for me is improved. but i'm on a refurb.

I think this will tide me for a while longer till the etf lowers enough and

i can cancel for the next nexus. GSM 4 LYFE YO.

4G ain't worth the Gs. Too much money. I want to enjoy life not count my

money fly away.

-Manzi

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM, chadbordes

0 Likes
chugo

I just bought a GN this week from Verizon.  It immediately received the 4.04 update but the phone is almost useless.  Battery drains (with no use) on standby in about 6 hours.  Moderate usage, I will get about 2 hours.  Also, it will not stay connected 4G or 3G or anything else (other than WiFi) for more than a few minutes at a time.  They gave me a new battery yesterday but still the same issue.  I hope a replacement device solves the problem.

0 Likes
chadbordes

Battery drain is typical. Make sure you shut down all apps you aren't

using.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

My battery life is better on 4.0.4 but not all that great.  I usually can't go all day on a full charge.

Make sure you turn of wi-fi and bluetooth when not in use.  Also, you may want to set your screen timeout to 15 or 30 seconds if you haven't already.  Also, there could be an app in the background that's helping to drain too.  You may want to check your battery monitor.

My connectivity is much better on 4.0.4.  I was losing all service and dropping 4G several times every single day.  Sounds like you got a bad device.  Hopefully the replacement will fix (most) of your issues.

0 Likes
QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

All of you guys make great points, that fact is they have us right where they want us. I dont have a Nexus but we are dealing with the same delays on the update with the Rezound. I think Verizon has the best service hands down. Customer service is another thing. I dont want to switch carriers and probably wont because there are pros and cons to every carrier. We are complaining about the Upgrade Fee but we would have to pay them if we switched to anyone else. Plus buy new phones. The cost does not out weight the reward of leaving. I dont think there is a perfect phone out there but the closest one I had to perfect was the Droid Razr. I got that by default because of all the problems I had with the Bionic. I didnt want another Motorola anything. Not even a bluetooth earpiece. I was through. I passed that phone along and got the Rezound  about two months ago and I've had a few issues with that already. On the 17th day I'm in a Verizon store and they want to send me a Certified Preowned Replacement. 17 days ago I bought a brand new phone and you gonna send me a used phone. So I feel your your pain.

Problem is we all like gadgets, We want the latest and newest technology which make us pawns in their game. smh

I was thinking my next phone was gonna be the SIII but I don't know now.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Got fed up with VZW. Updated myself also. Phone is great now. Greate battery life and signal but I'm on Liquidsmooth 1.4, Franco Kernel. The other day I was off charfe for 10 hours, used my phone a good amount and still had 40% charge left.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Isn't it amazing at how developers can get it right so quickly but Verizon and the manufacturers are constantly <Comment deleted per the TOS>?

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes