Re: Galaxy Nexus and VZW's 4G LTE Problem
cyberghost
Enthusiast - Level 2

Time of day, location, how I parted my hair, boxers or briefs, I could not seem to find any common denominator except this phone would not stay connected to VZW over 4G.  BUT yesterday I received a replacement phone from Amazon and how be damn, I get 4G everywhere.  In a car, near or far, on a boat although have not tested with a goat.  I even had eggs and ham for breakfast while surfing news sites on 4G.  This model was made in Korea while my first was made in China.  One thing I did notice, besides superior Korean craftsmenship, was the sim card was much more difficult to put in.  Since the sim card was replaced previously and it autheticates 4G, I wonder if my other phone had a defective sim card port.  I am curious if by shoving another thin piece of pastic top ensure connectivity to the pins would have resolved it.

So 24 hours in with my new phone this cat is happy.  I am getting 4G everywhere and already ate up half my monthly data allowance.

0 Likes
Sheree1022
Enthusiast - Level 1

Congratulations!

Unfortunately my Nexus is outside of the 30 day return window for Amazon, and I have not been able to get a hold of Verizon Customer Service - I keep getting shunted to the automatic phone answering thing that never gets me to a live person.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I't easy to get their customer support....calling from your cell, they want you to call from another phone....just hang in there if you don't need to trouble shoot your phone....I choose option 3 for tech supp then in my own words, I ask for customer service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yepitssteph, please try these steps for me
Settings>Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Tap Menu Key>Choose Reset To Default
This can be done on the HTC Rezound to help with the data connection.

If you have an LG, Samsung or Motorola device, you can go to the Play Store in order to get an app that helps with the data connectivity. 

LG Devices:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.IMSIPversion&feature=search_result

Samsung Devices:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.apnrestore&feature=search_result

Motorola Devices:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.android.restoreapn.droidrazr&feature=sear...

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

If you really need to talk to somebody use this email address:

HQExec.Relations@verizonwireless.com

You'll get a response in about 24-48 hours.

0 Likes
ckrenek
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife has the same issue with her phone.

I have an s3 and with the phones side by side my phone gets 4g and hers sits on 3g. Already did a warranty replacement and the new phone has the same exact issues.

Also, same issue with losing service. If you go into battery and click on cell standby it will give you a percentage of how often you dont have service. My wife's has been as high as 20% with out service. we both have a similar commute so dont know why she has the issue.

She also gets notified of multiple bug reports that takes a screen shot and asks her to email it in. Each time it happens it opens a gmail draft and attaches the screen shot and bug report. Happens as much as 15 times a day in a few week period. She has close to 200 drafts in her outbox all from bugreports to send.

Verizon really needs to do something about the issues with this phone,

FYI- On a phone i have had less than a month verizon sends a refurbished phone and not a new one...shame on you verizon, just give me someone elses issue

cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

My phone is pretty well kept plugged in while at home, I was out yesterday running errands, gone maybe 4hrs, my cell standby shows 2% or 3m22s.  I've always had trouble w/ cells at my home, Sprint & Verizon

0 Likes
Monalisa1717

I just bought a samsung nexus to and I don't get a signal hardly anywere, even right in the middle of town to nothing most of the time in my yard and I can see a tower from my kitchen window. I went to return my phone with in 2 day of buying it and it would have been more to go to a reg. flip phone and there a sured me that it would be working better then I went to return it again and didn't know I had missed it by 2 days for return. I hven'r even had it a month and I spend more time trying to make a call, then I have used the phone. This is bull______!! I tryind to buy a reg. phone to and hey talked me out of it. Not once but twice. So in the long run I have a so call 4to6 hundred dollar piece of crap. I have enough of that I have Horse's if you know what I mean. Oh, and then I looked to see what my phone was worth and the site said it was worth $24.48 what is that! O.M.G. talk about a total rip off, Sorry I had to vent, Lisa

0 Likes
irishmicky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well this is just great news. I have been waiting all summer for Apple to do there thing on iphone5 before I made up my mind on the Galaxy III. I like the phone and wanted to buy it. I went in the VZW Store and asked about the Galaxy III and they told me not to buy it and the whole reception problems.

Great work VZW.......

I guess it will be an Apple now and maybe on a new carrier.

Samsung and Verizon you can do better than this!

Mike

cartersims
Enthusiast - Level 3

im not sure that samsung can do better than this.   never heard much good about their reception.  but verizon isnt helping by not telling us what is going on and if or when it will be fixed. 

regardless this will be my last samsung phone and probably my last android phone.

0 Likes