Galaxy Nexus can't upload sent images?
A-C

EDIT: This should be titled 'Galaxy Nexus can't upload received images?'

I've been getting pictures sent to me, but I can't view them on my phone..?

They're being sent to me, but when I get them they tell me: who it is from, message size, and the exp. date (5 days after I receive it) of the message.

Next to that bit of info. it has the 'Download' option. When I select it it shows it attempts to download, but it isn't ever able to.

I thought the images would come up straight away when I opened the message, but it's not all that big of a deal to have to select it to 'Download', but I can't even do that.

Anyone know what's going on/how to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus can't upload sent images?
ThePiombino
Enthusiast - Level 3

A-C wrote:

EDIT: This should be titled 'Galaxy Nexus can't upload received images?'

I've been getting pictures sent to me, but I can't view them on my phone..?

They're being sent to me, but when I get them they tell me: who it is from, message size, and the exp. date (5 days after I receive it) of the message.

Next to that bit of info. it has the 'Download' option. When I select it it shows it attempts to download, but it isn't ever able to.

I thought the images would come up straight away when I opened the message, but it's not all that big of a deal to have to select it to 'Download', but I can't even do that.

Anyone know what's going on/how to fix it?

Were you able to receive MMSes with your previous phone?

0 Likes
A-C

Yes.

I was able to receive MMS's previously and should still be able to now.

Other than getting the new phone, nothing was changed.

I was talking with a few people and one of them suggested that I needed to update the phone. I had all ready updated what they sent out before and checked earlier, but again checked for updates and there were no new updates available.

As a matter of fact, they both had system updates that they needed to complete on their phones.

(Both of their phones are powered by Android, as is the Galaxy Nexus).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Did you have an active mobile data network connection when you attempted to download the images?

As far as I know you can't download the images from a MMS message over the wifi connection or when the mobile data connection is turned off.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dlaciv12

I couldn't download with Handcent but I could with the built in messaging app.  Are you using a 3rd party messaging app?

0 Likes
A-C

Reply to: Anne154

Hmm.

Well, I had everything for the settings the same, other than the various things done to save battery life (haptic feedback and what not).

After I got on and was looking around for an answer to this issue I saw that turning the WiFi on and switching over to CDMA can save some battery life, so I did that as well.

I can try switching the settings around a little and see if I can figure something out.

Could you give me some direction as to what exactly you were asking me to change/check?

I can figure things out if you give me a minute to look around and give me some info. to go off of, but as far as talking about things I don't always know the terms and things people use..

With that said I Think I'm answering your question with, I had service when the messages were sent, I'm not sure if I had the WiFi on at the time or not.

0 Likes
A-C

Reply to: dlaciv12

Haha.. I'm not exactly sure what your saying here to be perfectly honest.

Not sure what a Handcent is really, but I haven't downloaded one or anything, so, unless it comes in the phone, I don't have it.

The messaging on the phone ahsn't been changed other than be on silent, vibrate, etc.

3rd party messaging app? No, I haven't downloaded anything for that. I haven't even been on the android market other than a minute or two to look around. I didn't download anything while I was one it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

whate anne was saying is that you need to be on the network to recieve mms messages. if there is a 3g or 4g symbol on your notification bar, then you are on the network. if it's on wifi then i don't "think" you can retrieve mms (but then, i don't think they come through anyway so this shouldn't be an issue???). try opening your messenger app and hit menu and settings. see if there is anything that may need checked or unchecked. for example, i changed my size limit on attachments to the maximum possible. not sure if there's anything to do, but i honestly don't know why they wouldn't download unless they are extremely large files.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
^^ what AZSALUKI said.

You should have the 3G, 4G LTE or even the 1X symbol in your status bar to be able to download picture attachments in text messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Menu > settings > wireless & networks > mobile network > checked on

Menu > settings > wireless & networks > wifi connection > checked off

0 Likes