Re: Galaxy Nexus cannot send/receive voice calls or texts, can browse internet with 4G data.
tmfESQ

I have been diligently following this thread since it was originally posted.

https://community.Verizonwireless.com/message/1016588#806311

I have been experiencing the EXACT same issues over the EXACT same time frames and have tried all the EXACT same generic "remedies" Verizon has proposed; none of which have worked.

This is not an issue with the SIM cards, the cell phone/cell phone antenna/cell phone radio/etc. It has nothing to do with the phone's ROM/patches/or installed software. The phone does not need to be factory reset, replaced, or repaired. We paying Verizon customers most definitely do not need to PAY to be "UPGRADED" into the newly unveiled "EDGE" program; which is the most insulting and egregious recommendation I personally have been given by Verizon representatives when it comes to this issue.

This is, without a doubt, judging from my ongoing experience and the ongoing experience of many others on this and various online discussion threads, an issue with Verizon's network when it comes to allowing the galaxy nexus to work on their network.

I am an attorney in Philadelphia who travels the country for my job. I expect and need my cell phone voice and text messaging services to work. I, and the others on this discussion thread, have paid Verizon for these phones, for cell service, and technical support. Verizon is clearly in breach of the phone service contract.

We are NOT being helped and we are stuck with non-working devices that we are STILL paying for each month.

Verizon's customer technical support tracking database must be rife with reports of this very issue.

Like the others on this discussion thread, my attempts to get this resolved by visiting various Verizon stores and via the Verizon phone help line have failed.

Has ANYONE at Verizon investigated "PopNetInfo's" suggestions in the aforementioned thread that possibly:

1. The CDMA radio has issues to the point Verizon's network does/can/will not recognize my device but other cellular providers will.

2. My device has been black listed or the ESN/MEID is reported as stolen.

Has ANYONE at Verizon done ANYTHING regarding this issue aside from offering affected clients basic, tier 1/2 tech support troubleshooting suggestions?

ATTENTION VERIZON SUPPORT REPS READING THIS THREAD: I, and all customers on this discussion thread, need some of Verizon's senior-level management and technicians to get involved in this issue on behalf of all Verizon customers experiencing this issue immediately. At this point, we fully expect these senior-level Verizon personnel to start speaking and working with us directly and individually on this issue within one week's time or less. We expect the issue to be seriously investigated and remedied as quickly as possible. We also expect proper and full compensation for the months of service we have been paying for even though service is very clearly not being delivered. I personally have been using verzion, and ONLY Verizon, as my cell provider for nearly 20 YEARS! I, for one, will be canceling my service in one month and switching to another provider if I do not feel Verizon wishes to work with us immediately on this long-standing issue. I suggest all others on this thread do the same.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus cannot send/receive voice calls or texts, can browse internet with 4G data.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for following this thread and for attempting all the steps we provided for resolving this issue tmfESQ. I know this is frustrating for customers but we stand behind the issues you're having and do all we can to help get them fixed. First, all customers are not experiencing this issue with this particular phone. All issues are reviewed on an individual basis according to your device, area, software and other steps we have attempted. With this issue, we trouble-shoot the phone by providing steps that usually resolve this type of issue (safe mode, hard reset, memory and damage). Then we address the software, making sure its updated and no unauthorized software is on the phone. We then address the area, making sure our engineers have not reported any problems in the area. Lastly we file a trouble-ticket to have our technicians and engineers look further into the area. The status we receive back will let us know the next step to take for your individual account. That may include a replacement phone, which is a certified like new device of the same model  if your still under the 1year manufactures warranty and have no damage to your device, a network extender depending on if issues is more inside than outside, and lastly simply letting you know the area is challenged and the phone is not the issue. For any customer having an issues with service, we recommend contacting us to get the ball rolling with the above steps.

We want this issue resolved for each and every customer and if we have to discuss a different step for each customer we are willing to do this because we care about your service.

If you have had a trouble-ticekt filed already tmfESQ please provide that number and I would be happy to provide you with the status. If you don't have a ticket processed yet, please contact  us here, at the store or by phone.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @vzwsupport

0 Likes
stevenpdx

I am having the exact same problem.  I have a Galaxy Nexus.  Just last week I traveled from Portland, OR to San Francisco, CA.  My phone stopped receiving a signal and I could not call or text.  I noticed other people with verizon devices had no problem.  I was able to get data with 4G but could not call or text.  When I finally got through, the call was choppy and then cut off.  When I got back to home to Portland, I had trouble getting signal and connectivity at home and at my office, where I had no problems before.

I took it into the verizon store and they replace the simm card, but nothing changed.  I am still having trouble making calls and texting.

What's going on?????

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have been using my Galaxy Nexus as phone again for the last week and thankfully the phone calls haven't been choppy during that time. In the past months ago, I did have some issues where it was hard to hear the caller on this particular phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there stevenpdx,

I'm sorry for the reception issues that you are having with your Galaxy Nexus. Let's keep you connected. What zip code do you have issues in specifically? Do the issues primarily occur indoors or outdoors as well? Does service improve outside of the zip you are having issues in?

Now that you are back in your home area I would recommend powering the device off and removing and reinserting the sim card. This will refresh your connection to the network. Here is how to properly handle the sim card,http://vz.to/19jJtZW. Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tmfESQ

I'd appreciate it if you could give me a direct number to an upper level manager or senior technician that can solve my issues. As I've said, all the basic attempts to fix this have failed, and I don't have time to be wasting by calling into the regular support line or going back to the local store when they can't help me.  Not to mention I have a very busy work schedule and would like to be able to deal with this when I have some free time rather than waiting on hold on the phone or standing around in the store waiting to be helped. I do not have a current trouble-ticket that I know of, let me know if you need any other information from me, thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tmfESQ,

As well as customer service, we're technicians here and are more than happy to work on your issues. Please accept my follow request, follow back, and direct message your name, mobile number, and billing system password (or last four of your social if a password isn't present) so we can research further into this situation and advise.

EvanO_VZW

0 Likes
HelloThereKitty

I also have the same problem, when I first got it, it was working fine, 1-2 bars in my house ( I live in a three-story apartment building on the first floor, so I don't mind some choppiness), I had 1-4 bars while I was walking home to school and back. A few weeks ago, a problem appeared. My Galaxy Nexus basically decided that it was 5 bars or nothing. I can only get signals where it's obvious there's a Verizon tower nearby. Over the past few weeks, my phone has either shown 5 bars, or "Searching for Signal". My family has 4 lines, an HTC Droid, LG Lucid, and a Samsung Galaxy S3 and they all work just fine with a signal of 1-3 bars. I'm not getting anything, although I am a student, I manage all the financial, medical, and billing sides of the family. I need to go about a mile away from my house to actually get a signal, and check my voicemail. I don't want to travel a mile (no car) just to check whether it's just my mother that never pressed "END" while she was calling me, or a voice mail from my doctor about medical problems!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi HelloThereKitty,

I am sorry to hear you are having service issues. What's you zip code? When having issues on your devices, have you tried doing a soft reset to refresh your signals? Give that a try and keep me posted.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW

0 Likes
spottedbuckey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm started having this same problem about a couple months ago and couldn't figure out what the problem was either. I would have 4 bars signal but get the same no network available message even though I'm sitting beside my network extender. I have had to power off/on my phone to get it to work again. After I power it off/on it works for a while then have same issues again. I know it's the phone because my son's iPhone and my wife's Razr works fine sitting right beside me. This is ridiculous that we have a phone that can't get the services we're paying for. 

0 Likes