Re: Galaxy Nexus doesn't charge
Williamsickels23

I to am having this problem...and of course I'm about a month past my warranty date! Seems like a obvious software issue as it will charge when turned off

0 Likes
lunyc

I got the same problem now, already received a refurbished one (4th one since I bought the first one) but I'm wondering how to copy my files from my phone to my computer since the usb port is not really being recognized by windows now

0 Likes
yourgaelness

i've also had charging problems with my nexus from day one. i'm on my third nexus since march '12, but i've gone through 6-7 wall chargers as well in that same period of time.

0 Likes
MaxSmart
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone seems to use more power than many chargers can supply - there's a free app called JuiceDefender that reduces power consumption (it does turn off 4G between email polls, which amplifies Verizon's 4G connectivity issues with this phone in particular, but it's a fair trade).  When I was running this app, I could charge off even cheap chargers, and it took very little time to complete the charge too.  Another option is to put the phone into airplane mode while charging, or if you have wifi, turn on the wifi so it switches off the power-hogging 4G. 

0 Likes
Breadman

Ive had this issue for the last couple days. It has been very frustrating. Every time i plug my phone in it would start discharging and eventually turn off. Even when the phone was off and the white battery charging icon was on, when i turned phone on after 2 hours of charging, it was still dead... I decided to do a little investigating. I was using the Samsung USB charging wall charger but i had a Motorola cable. It was also discharging while connected to a universal cable, my computer usb cable and a Blackberry cable. I found a Samsung micro cable and plugged that in. I let it hopefully "charge" uninterrupted for 10 mins and when i cam back it was at 15%. Its not at 25% at about 25 mins of charging and i now turned WiFi on. Maybe many of our issues are with a non Samsung charging cable. I will continue to use this cable for a few days to see if its really a fix. Hope this might help anyone else!!!

0 Likes
samjaved
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi...I had the same issue with my nexus (been using it for three months)..In the beginning it was not charging when the device is on but after some time it stopped charging at all...I tried the solution suggested by you and using a knife, slightly (very slightly) moved the little plange inside the charging socket...the mobile is charging normally now in ON mode...thanks for sharing this post...don't know why Samsung being such a big name couldnt handle the issue...thanks again for sharing...:)

0 Likes
Nitsuj
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a charging issue too, however it's very random.

It will not charge when plugged in until I restart it. But it only happens once in a while...

0 Likes
rkiel

Just had this same problem and was freaking.....  Gnex mini-usb connector is cheap but the terminals in the female port on phone were dirty. I took a toothpick and scrapped it lightly across the contacts and it is charging fine now (BE CAREFUL).

A little contact cleaner occasionally probably wouldn't hurt either.

0 Likes