Re: Galaxy Nexus in call volume issue
joebu11211

The in call volume is maxed out and will not change when using the ear buds that came with the Nexus.  I can see the screen volume on the screen and the buttons on the side of the phone do work to show that the volume is supposed to go down but the volume is not corresponding with the change on the screen.  It doesn't matter if the volume is low or high, it is set to max only in calls.  It works great for listening to music.  It is strange that the volume control seems to be negated by being in a call while using ear buds only.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Joebu11211, thank you for sharing your issue also. Have you tried rebooting your device when this happens? Looking at previous posts, this has resolved the issue for others. I have a Nexus also and I tried two different headsets and I am not experiencing this same thing. Please try rebooting the phone and retest. If you are still having the issue, boot the phone into safe mode using the instructions Antonio gave above. Please let us know your results.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

jht

I am having the call volume issue, too: the Galaxy Nexus blares at full volume during calls even if I change the volume setting during the call.  It will even show that the volume setting is at its lowest, but it is as loud as the maximum setting.  The problem goes away when I put it into safe mode.  Now, Antoinio... wrote that we have to identify the conflicting application and remove it.  Given the number of applications on the phone, how can I practically isolate the one that causes the problem?  Does anyone have a method for identifying the application other than removing and testing each, one by one?  I will start by removing the most recent applications first and, if I find the offender, I will post it here.  I would appreciate if others would do the same!

0 Likes
joebu11211

Hello MarquiaF_VZW,

I was able to make a phone call using Safe Mode without the phone being at max volume.  I proceeded to remove all widgets and apps from my phone particularly ones that migrated from my previous droid.  After getting down to basics I began installing apps again and so far in normal mode I have been able to make calls without the volume being stuck at maximum.  I wasn't able to determine which app was the culprit though.  Glad that it is working properly as it makes using the phone much more enjoyable!

Thanks,

Joebu11211

0 Likes
myandroidlife
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'd booted the phone into safe mode as Antonio supported, but the volume keeps maximum. i have no other third party volume app or software installed. kindly please help

0 Likes