Galaxy Nexus not pure Google experience
cubano100pct

As a developer disappointed that Verizon altered the Galaxy Nexus by disableing Google Wallet. The Nexus line of smartphones from Google supposed to be unaltered so that developers can use to program and test all the newest features.

This will probably will be the only Nexus for Verizon, I'll bet Google will never release another Nexus phone with Verizon in the future.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus not pure Google experience
Tidbits
Legend
... We'vealready been down this road. No Nexus hasit preinstalled. The only Nexus that can use itis the Nexus S 4G. The complaint is so old if you reallywant it that bad you can put it on and there are tutorials. That is what a "true" google experience phone is about.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
^ exactly. People seem to forget that the Nexus S 4G is the only one that supports it out of the box. Guess that's the only nexus in existence according to some people. Some people just like to hear themselves complain.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Honestly...  It's Sprint and Google the reason why there is no Wallet on any other device...

If you simply look at this website...

Currently ONLY the Nexus S 4G meets these requirements for Google Wallet.

1. To use Google Wallet in-store, you need to:
    • Have an Android-powered phone with NFC
    • Be on the Sprint mobile network
  2. To set up your Google Wallet account on your Sprint, Android NFC phone, just launch the app and follow the instructions. If you don’t see Google Wallet on your phone, you may need to update the Android software.

That right there in on itself that i highlighted red that there is some type of deal going on between the two.  Verizon might have tried to get in there, and working out something where their protocol(Isis), AND Google's own protocol could work together(which is HIGHLY possible).

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
Sprint is the only one with integrated Google Voice too. Looks like maybe they're trying to get whatever slight advantage they can by being Google's guinea pigs.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Screenshot_2011-12-17-14-01-42.png

There you have it. Didn't have to void my warranty or anything. Took it from my cousins Nexus S 4G.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well there for a while Tidbits when Sprint was on my incredible or in the Market i should say i was wondering if i had a sprint phone or Verizon. an it stayed there untill the inc. got this last update at wictch it flipped back to Verizon. An another thing thats puzzling it keeps saying i'm in Medora wich is a little non encorperated town thats just to the North of us but what i'm wondering is if it's not pulling off the sprint Tower thats over by Medora an thats why i'm getting this. An its been showing up on both Droids.

An on the Sprint 4G you was referring to my Niece's Husband has one. An it's cool.  it'd be neet to get that what you said Tidbits from his phone. If i get myself a Nexus. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

wow that picture is HUGE...  Didn't think it would be that big lol.

0 Likes
haysouse

What is the big deal with Wallet?  

Even if I had it, I would still [continue to] use Paypass on my credit/debit card.  Slicker than knocking your phone to the reader.

Your card probably has it too.

I think Google missed the boat on this one.  You'll need a cc/debit card anyway to pay from Wallet right.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

correct you need a paypass enabled mastercard, or you can buy a "Google" prepaid credit card.  

0 Likes