Re: Galaxy Note 3 horrible reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to learn of the issues with your device, JenMiller916! I completely understand the need of a reliable device at all times. Have we ever exchange the sim card out? How does it work in other areas? Do you happen to have your device in a case or Otterbox? Share additional details so that we can help.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JenMiller916
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I have not had the SIM card switched out...it seems from everyone else on the chat boards I've been on it does not solve the problem at all.

I have a case on the back ..it is not in an otter case.

The phone randomly shuts itself off for no apparent reason at all, has gotten increasingly worse everywhere, home, out and about, no matter where I am, the reception and the 4g is gone.

HELP! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying JenMiller916

I'm sorry your having such a hard time with your device. Let's make sure an app isn't causing this. Pls power down remove the Sim and then power on in Safe mode. Here's how: http://vz.to/O08LrB Try it in Safe mode and retest.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
JenMiller916
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I did that, still not getting the kind of reception I was getting a while back when I first got the phone. and it has also been getting very hot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details JenMiller916. An overheating device is definitely a serious concern. Please take your device and all applicable chargers to your nearest store location, as this will need to be evaluated in person. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
convertedfromiphone4t
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same exact problem and it's so annoying because I love everything else about the phone except...well...the phone!  I never get more than 2 bars and most of the time it's more like one or no bars!  That is not acceptable for metro Atlanta.  I have tried multiple things such as booting in safe mode and turning wifi off. I've also had the Sim card replaced at a Verizon store.  I honestly think it's gotten worse since the kitkat "update" a month or so ago.  If this can't be fixed I may have no choice but to make a change.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have consistent performance from your device convertedfromiphone4this! I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. What zip code is this? Do these difficulties happen in every location? How about outside your home zip or state?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
convertedfromiphone4t
Enthusiast - Level 2

My home zip code is 30043 but the reception is awful regardless of what part of town I am in. I work all over metro Atlanta and the reception is consistently 1 or 2 bars. I am right in the middle of Atlanta (Buckhead) and I currently have one bar.

sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3

--- Original Message ---

budone
Legend

I am having the same issue. However, I will have a strong signal, start a call and the signal drops to -100dBm , then a few seconds later, back to -70s...... Then drops again to -100dBm and lower.

End the call signal is fine. In fact the data connection is great as I have a constant 20+MB download.

Sent from my iPad

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

convertedfromiphone4this,

Thanks for the info! No outages reported in this area. Have you had a reliable connection in the past in these locations? Is it effecting voice, data or text? What model phone do you have?

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes