Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am beyond irritated that as the flagship of exactly one year, Verizon continues to provide less than vague answers as to when we will be receiving this update.  I used to laugh at Sprint as a provider and swore that I'd never consider AT&T again as an option.  However, I have been awaiting Android 5.1.1 since June this year and have watched carries such as Spring and AT&T release 5.1.1 to their customers.  At this point, considering I pay about $125/month, I have been investigating other carriers and their service records and can honestly say, I am considering paying the fee to break my contract with Verizon to receive support and tech that keeps current.  In my estimation, Verizon should be offering credit to those of us that have been waiting months to receive this update to our [removed] devices which haven't worked properly since 5.0.1 was released.  I've been a customer with Verizon for 10+ years and can honestly say I have never been so disappointed with the service or lack thereof.   Get with it Verizon.  Stop treating your customers, whom are probably paying the highest bills based on the handset of their choice, like second rate piles of [removed].

I'm rather curious how much time and money was spent on Verizon creating their fancy new logo - perhaps the developers, designers and others on that team should have focused their energy on testing and releasing the update for their note 4 customers.

VERIZON FAIL!!!!!

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Labels (1)
724 Replies
Tidbits
Legend

It's like a no brainer Google Nexus devices would have marshmallow before any one else does.  AOSP is written for these devices and manufacturers don't get that code UNTIL Google is finished...

It is the manufacturer... Just because it's out on other carriers doesn't mean the manufacturer is finished doing the job they were PAID for.  Unless you have PROOF that it is finished a court will see your proof worth less than table scraps.  Like I said if you want hard proof it's the carriers get the MANUFACTURER higher ups to say it is them and put their name on it for any court of law to take YOU seriously.  Manufacturers DON'T want to say anything because if it is in fact on them and they say otherwise when things hit the fan...  Who has the evidence to show they are lying?  Anyway the most funny thing is.. People will switch carriers and then more than likely buy the same manufacturer only to find out... Things didn't change much(read their forums). 

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

If verizon would listen to there customers and give us some information on

the update instead of leaving us in the dark that would be a start in the

right direction

On Dec 17, 2015 5:29 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
ftlng
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone at Verizon ever read any of the posts on here about the Note 4?  We all at one time had a great phone.  It was probably the best phone ever in the 24 years of having cell phones.  Then, along came update 5.0.1 that has changed this phone into one of the most frustrating pieces of garbage ever.  Has Verizon done anything to fix it?  Nope!  Either get 5.1.1 out to all of us or give us the Note 5 (if it's better).  DON'T keep jerking us around.  We are all paying customers who deserve some customer service.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Of course they don't actually read these, or even have anyone here who can actually help with real problems.

My assumption is that they sit in an office playing CoD, throwing darts at a board to determine which questions to ask us when someone posts something to this board.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Excellent hypothesis. I think it's a very good explanation of how the online support team works. 😜

0 Likes
Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's the only one that really makes sense.

Remember the 'Updates are exciting!' statement we all got?

"Hey Steve, another one on the Note 4 section just said something, you're up"

"Awww man. Ok, let's pause"

*Throws dart*

"Darn, I got 'Updates are exciting!' - I don't see how that one will fly, but if they're dumb enough to keep paying for that phone we abandoned, maybe they won't realize we're mocking them, it's worth a shot."

Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

LOL. Well, to be fair, Samsung is the one who "abandoned" the Note 4. Have you heard about those poor Sprint users? Sprint was forced to take down the Note 4 in August, less than a year after its release. However, Verizon does need to realize that, right now, we don't want they're apps to work on 5.1.1 (if that's even the reason this update is being held back). We don't even use them. What we want is SOMETHING THAT WILL GET RID OF THE BATTERY AND PERFORMANCE ISSUES. If it's a downgrade to KitKat, I'd be happy! If it's 5.1.1, so be it. Don't make us wait until late February to give us an update that will finally let us use our phones for more than 6 hours, Verizon. I am sick and tired of having to switch my battery THREE TIMES every single day if I so much as have the screen on 4 or 5 times throughout the day.

VERIZON: Since you obviously aren't giving us 5.1.1, either give us credit for what this phone has and will cost us (EDGE users), or give us a choice of phone! This isn't acceptable. "Bonus Data" is useless if we can't use our phones. At least Sprint is trying to improve. VZW, meanwhile, is turning into Sprint before the new CEO.

Since T-Mobile and Sprint together cover pretty much everywhere I go, Google Fi is seeming like a rather nice option. I'm even willing to have a phone with an iffy camera if it means I get timely updates.

Tidbits
Legend

Did you guys ever read the terms of the forum. This forum us customer to customer first. If a rep does apply it will be only to have a rep call you much like you dialling 611 on your phone.

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

This will be the last samsung phone I will ever own. And as my service with

verizon I think att will be a better option for me

0 Likes
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here we go folks: [removal required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] VZW Executive Relations team.  Start calling and leaving voicemails.  Flood their lines!!!!!

ftlng
Enthusiast - Level 3

We need a group on Facebook called Verizon needs to fix the Note 4 now.  I just need some FB friends that have this frustrating piece of garbage to get the group started.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you receive the assistance you need. We know how important it is to have a functioning device. What difficulties are you experiencing?

KleoL_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ftlng
Enthusiast - Level 3

The same as everyone else.  The phone is wicked slow, apps just open for no reason, the battery drains quickly.  It takes a great deal of patience to own this phone.  I have been waiting on a fix just like everyone else and at this point I feel like I have a better chance as seeing cows fly.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

This is verizon's way for use note 4 owner's to buy a new phone that has

the current software.

and the only thing that is verizon is doing is losing their customers to

AT&T sounds like Verizon needs new management

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

No offense, but if you read through the hundred or so posts above you would already know what his problem is.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We strive to provide our customers with the latest software updates. However, we as we do work with the manufacturer some updates may take time. For the most recent notices, here is a link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/.
KleoL_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's false. Like I said those Lowe level reps will never know that information. Also even they admitted a few years ago they didn't do it this way and they are the ones paid to code the apps themselves. They only give the update when they finish for each carrier modifications carriers pay for.

Get something from a CEO or from the development team if you want something with real clout.

0 Likes
Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once again the broken record says the same thing over and over. What a joke you've become. Have a CEO make a statement. Obviously, you know little about business as CEO's don't make statements like you are suggesting. Most children know that. Once again, it's December 14th, 2015 and no update from Verizon. When was 5.1.1 released? Every other American carrier has released it. So no matter what, Verizon looks really incompetent. I honestly cannot believe you keep on this thread defending the indefensible. It does not speak highly of your intelligence. Clearly you're a troll and should leave.

0 Likes
AnotherNote4User

Interesting... I was looking for the Verizon Wireless Support response following what the Samsung Support Rep suggested. Are you Verizon Support?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No I am not Verizon support.  This is customer to customer forum.  This has been beaten with a dead horse with manufacturers getting a free pass.  Just saying...  If they honestly wanted to support their product they could do something about it.  However keep giving them free passes and this is the result.  Europe has shown far better results

0 Likes
DarthScott
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's all fine and dandy, however that page only tells you about the

currently released software. What customers are wanting is to know if and

when updates are coming. It's frustrating to know that your model phone

has a software update from the manufacturer released months ago and your

carrier hasn't released it. Especially since the update fixes a bug that

is causing problems and frustrations to your customers. Providing as much

information to your customers and ensuring their phones operate as they

should should be your first priority.

On Dec 13, 2015 12:37 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <