Galaxy S20 Ultra GPS Issues
ctpalmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone with the S20 Ultra having GPS issues where no matter what app you're using and what GPS accuracy settings you use the accuracy is intermittent?

Labels (1)
63 Replies
S1N

I too am experiencing GPS issues. I cannot use my Alltrails app

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

S1N, making sure I am able to use my GPS successfully is vital. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me some details on what happens when you attempt to use  the GPS?

-Rodney

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
Island1

I have had 2 S20 Ultras in 5 days both have had intermittent issues with GPS across all apps. More often not working than working. 

Extremely disappointing lack of acknowledgement by Verizon & samsung.

0 Likes
ECEngineer

Any fix coming for this?

Still an ongoing issue after the latest update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of being able to rely on your GPS and we are dedicated to finding a solutio, ECEngineer. I have submitted the repsonses and details in this thread to our product team for further investigation. I apologize as we do not have details about a future update.   YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
SLRC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes in Google Maps, Waze and Pokémon Go, mine jumps all over the place in a 3 mile radius of my actual location.

0 Likes
epyoch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too has been happening....most of the time I'm 600 meters off sometimes I'm more. Sometimes for brief moments I'm right where it is supposed to be then boom back to being off

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

epyoch If your like me, I depend on my GPS. Have you checked to make sure you have roaming turned on? Does this happen at a specific location?DoloresK_VZW

epyoch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Happens randomly, sometimes its fine, when I plug it into my Kenwood android auto device its fine, but I can be at one location with nothing plugged and its good...then 30 seconds later it shoots me 600 - 1000 meters north and locks me there. When I plug into android auto it pops me back but the device itself thinks its 600 meters off. So when I unplug it it shoots right back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details epyoch. Do you have your GPS settings set to high accuracy? If the problem persists we would recommend to perform a factory reset. You can check the steps on how to do this here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-229359/

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
SLRC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory reset, and even without transfering my data from cloud, made no difference in operation of GPS within fresh download of Google Maps, Waze and Pokémon Go.  Still way off my actual location.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand, SLRC. Are you only having issues in those three apps? Are you able to see other people's location accurately?

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
epyoch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I've factory reset, 

Factory network reset

Factory data reset

epyoch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung recommended replacement. When I chatted with them

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I personally rely heavily on my GPS. I'm sorry yours isn't working how it should be. You mentioned using multiple apps, can you name the apps you've used? Is it intermittent at all times, or during certain times of day? What exact area? (zip code) 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Sbrpd29

I have the s20 ultra 5g,i am also a truck driver, I use Google maps alot to find driveways and such or where I am vs where I actually need to be, with this issue it's complicating that, I notice that when I open up GM for the first time it calculates my location more accurately but immediately pushes me out about half a mile from where I really am, this looks bad for a 1400 dollar flagship device 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sbrpd29, we know how important it is for all of your device features to work properly. This matter has already been lifted up to Samsung for investigation and a fix as it's impacting North American device models.

EbonyR_VZW

grantsrc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Based on numerous articles online, it looks like the issue is with the phone itself and it isn't just a few isolated users who are experiencing the same problem. My GPS was off on virtually every app that I have which uses GPS (Waze, Google Maps, MapMyRun). I have location turned on, wifi and Bluetooth scanning enabled, was standing out in the open, and all apps had me roughly 0.25 miles away from my actual location or more. 

I just got the S20± 4 days ago and hope there is a fix issued soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, grantsrc! Congratulations on your new device! We know it is imperative to have your device working properly, and we are here to help. The great news is that the manufacturer is already aware of the issue. Besides the GPS, are you having any other issues with your device?

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes