Galaxy S20 dropped calls
MLK12
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the solution to the Galaxy S20 dropping calls and person on the other end of the conversation not being able to hear me?  I have been back to the Verizon store at least 20 times since I got my phone November 2020.  They have tried several things to correct the issue, but nothing has helped. I now have an expensive useless phone and nobody at Verizon cares.  I have been a Verizon customer for almost 20 years and I cannot get a resolution to this issue. REALLY???? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S20 dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MLK12-

Our goal is for you to have the best wireless experience on our network, especially with a brand new phone. Are you having this issue with every call or with specific numbers? Does this issue happen in a particular location?

-CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately Verzon's customer service has gone from being the best in the industry to being among the "worst"!  I too have been a customer for about 20 years and I've seen Verizon's "Service" do downhill.

I would recommend trying both of the following if you haven't already done so.

1)  Factory Reset   (Make sure contacts and data are all backed up... perhaps with Verizon Cloud?)

2) Replacing SIM Card from Verizon   (you might try this first as it's less disruptive.)

Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want anyone feeling this way.  Your 20 years as our customer means the world to us.  Please message us so we can fully assist you in turning this experience around for you.  Thank you.

0 Likes
MLK12
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does not happen with every call, but most every call that lasts more than 5 minutes.  It happens in multiple locations.  I have noticed it most frequently at home as I am working remotely due to Covid. Imagine how frustrating it is to drop BUSINESS calls multiple times.

MLK12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much for your advice.  Unfortunately BOTH of these things have been done and STILL have the issue.  

MLK12
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does not happen with every call, but most every call that lasts more than 5 minutes.  It happens in multiple locations.  I have noticed it most frequently at home as I am working remotely due to Covid. Imagine how frustrating it is to drop BUSINESS calls multiple times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MLK12, I am sorry to learn that you are still having the same issues. As someone that is at home often, I know how vital it is for your service to work. We are here to ensure we resolve the issue you are having. Do you have Wi-Fi at home? Do you experience any issues with your mobile data or with your text messages when you are home? JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
repatter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having dropped calls--all my calls will drop eventually.  At home, at work, on the road, everywhere.  New SIM card, factory reset done.  No my wifi is not a problem.  This phone is not only useless but  don't have reliable phone service at  home which is dangerous.  How will Verizon make this right???  Clearly this is not resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that this is an ongoing issue for you. I would be concerned if my service was not working as needed as well. Not being able to complete a phone call at various times and areas may be the device in question. Do you know of anyone else that is having the same issues you've experienced? -Jasper

0 Likes