Re: Galaxy S4 Active???
dfrenkel

Argh! Just went into an actual Verizon store (not an authorized retailer) 2 days ago and asked for the Samsung S4.  Rep asked me if I wanted black or white, no mention of 16 or 32GB!  I guess I'll be going back on Monday since of course I walked out with a 16GB, not realizing I was given the inferior model.  I'm sure they'll try to stick me with a restocking fee.  Can you imagine walking into an Apple store and that happening?  It would be the first question after asking for the iphone 5!  Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

The last four Verizion stores I visited I asked for the 32gb version but they didn't have any.  I purchased the 16gb S4 online after the latest update provided for Apps to be placed on the SD card, there by negating my needs for a 32 gb model.

>>Rude, personal comments removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dj, it's not our intentions to play you in any way. In fact, as a reflection of our comittment to you, we provide a one year warranty on our devices, the option to subscribe to extended warranties/insurance, and discounted Certified Pre Owned devices. We hope you continue this wireless relationship with us for many more years. Stay tuned to see what new devices are on the way, http://vz.to/n5snpq

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wouldn't want anything but a fantastic phone to go into your hands, FishingMan. And we certainly don't want you leaving to get a phone somewhere else. We work hard with the manufacturers to get updates to phones out fast when strange quirks pop up with our great customers so you can continue to use the excellent service we provide. Plus, all of our phones have a 14 day return http://bit.ly/IeiJI so you can try a phone out and simply bring it back if you happen to find it doesn't fit your needs right. There's lots of great phones to pick from at http://bit.ly/nD0WuY. You can compare them side by side or even read the reviews to get the one that will fit you best. Don't sacrifice your service.

Jennifer_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MAK_LTC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

For Verizon Reps for customer service here is some info you need to know.

For the last several years I have been trying to get a phone that works properly from Verizon. All I ever got was a replacement phone (same model with issues). Less than a week after I spent over $600.00 for 2 Samsung G4 32GB phones, my son (he still had a Droid 4 with issues) goes back to the same store and walks out with a phone number they gave him. When he got home we called it. THEY REPLACED HIS PHONE FOR FREE WITH ANOTHER MODEL. This is what I have been trying to do for the past 3 to 4 years. Being that I had no luck I went and bought 2 Samsung S4 32gb phones. Once again I'm in the category of a unhappy Verizon Customer.

Here is the number for those with similar issues. 1-866-406-5154.

Here is some info on the Samsung G4.

I'm not a big cell phone techie like others, but here is some info I read on the phone memory not SD Card memory.

I understand that they just came out with a update concerning this issue. But what I read simply tells you that a 16GB cell phone (smart phone) is old technology. The norm world wide is 32GB. Several blogs even say that the USA is the dumping grounds for these low memory phones. The patch will get you by for now, but you are basically stuck with that phone for the next 2 years. Will it be enough for updates that will come out in the future. I really don't know. But due to having issues in the past I was not taking any chances. Hopefully it will be fine for those with the 16GB phones.

I hope this helps some one in their new phone purchases.

0 Likes
ky_bjc
Enthusiast - Level 2

In regards to the S4 Active:  All the info I have ever seen has noted the Active has an exclusive deal with AT&T.  Maybe Verizon gets one also, but I wouldn't count on it.  I chose the standard S4 and am currently waiting for a waterproof case from Seidio.  Its the OBEX case and is due to come out 3rd quarter 2013.

http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-obex-waterproof-case-black-p/cswssgs4-br.htm

This might be the best answer for those looking for the active version.

0 Likes
dj
Enthusiast - Level 3

G'Z One C811 is available now.  I'd rather have the Galaxy S4 Active.

0 Likes
bkdroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would as well. The thing that VZW probably doesn't get, is that they could exist in the same ecosystem without cannibalizing each other. They are for very different markets. It doesn't matter, though. Verizon will continue to carry the lowest-common-denominator devices that they can control regardless what we, the vocal minority, say on the matter.

0 Likes
oo__

I am also considering switching our family plan to AT&T in order to get this phone, as all of our contracts are up this year and there is nothing Verizon is offering that AT&T isn't. I don't know if the voices have died down on the issue of bringing the S4 Active to Verizon but like bkdroid said, the S4 Active and GZ One are such completely different phones they don't compare, and one is not a suitable alternative for the other.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@oo_

Having the latest and greatest phone is always fun!

I definitely don't want to lose you! We are always adding new devices to our line up. Visit http://bit.ly/n5snpq for the latest updates and announcements on new products and services.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes