Re: Galaxy S5 won't connect to home WiFi
DarylS

I bought my Galaxy S5 back in June. It worked fine until last week, and then all of a sudden it would not stay connected to any WiFi unless it was in safe mode. If I power if off and back on, it will stay connected to my home WiFi for about a minute. After that it disconnects. Then I have to retype the password, and it will stay connected for between 2 and 7 seconds. The same is now true for my work WiFi or even an open network without a password. My Galaxy Tablet stays connected fine to my WiFi, and I'm typing this on my laptop via WiFi, so I know the router works fine.

Turning the power off, removing the battery, pulling the sim card, turning off the mobile data -- all the things suggested above don't seem to work for this phone. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
DarylS

After browsing some other forums online, I finally figured out that the problem was McAfee Security. I uninstalled that app, and after 10 minutes I'm still connected to my home WiFi. I hope the same is true for my work WiFi. This may also have been what was causing me to get locked out of the network when I tried to sign on when I arrived some mornings.

0 Likes
dgmenace
Enthusiast - Level 3

SOLUTION TO GALAXY S5 WIFI CONNECTION PROBLEMS!!!! I don't get to do this often because I'm usually the one asking all the questions,  not answering them.  Are you getting a blank page, error when connecting to wifi that you could connect to with no problems (UNTIL THE LAST SYSTEM UPDATES)....then try this. Go into your settings and select APPLICATIONS, then select APPLICATION MANAGER,  scroll down until you find CHROME. Select CHROME and then the options tab in the top right corner of screen. Select UNINSTALL UPDATES....answer yes to UNINSTALL UPDATES. Go to WIFI and do the FORGET NETWORK and select FORGET.  Restart your phone and do like you normally do as far as WIFI....select the one that you were having problems with, enter ID and password and it should work. I did this on my S5 and a couple more and it WORKED!!!...Let me know if it worked for you all as well. Thanks, Dennis

0 Likes
dgmenace
Enthusiast - Level 3

Check out my replies to the S5 wifi problems.  Basically all you have to do is UNINSTALL the UPDATES on just CHROME. FORGET wifi network then scan for it and login again...it should work. I think my reply is under dgmenace73 user name. I hope it works for you as well. Dennis

0 Likes
dgmenace
Enthusiast - Level 3

Check out my replies to the S5 wifi problems.  Basically all you have to do is UNINSTALL the UPDATES on just CHROME. FORGET wifi network then scan for it and login again...it should work. I think my reply is under dgmenace73 user name. I hope it works for you as well. Dennis

0 Likes
dgmenace
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
dgmenace
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
dgmenace
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes