Galaxy S6 After November Update Now Eats Battery Life!
jas0n
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Galaxy S6 updated on Nov 29th with the G920VVRS4DQK1 update. Immediately afterwards I've noticed a significant decline in battery life. No new apps had been installed on the phone for quite a while before the update, and in a vain attempt to try anything I even removed several recently with no change.

I don't know what was "fixed" in this most recent update, but you broke something that now uses a lot more battery power in the background. I can just sit and watch the % drop on my screen while not doing a single thing!

Also the "activation not complete" has popped up again. In the last update they fixed it where it ran a thing and said phone already activated. Now every time I reboot my phone I have to force-stop the activation wizard to make it go away...

Very frustrating as now I have to charge my phone two to three times a day (excluding plugging it in overnight when I go to bed). Before this last update I could consistently go a whole day easy without having to re-charge!!!! And I am not a heavy user either, I will do a little searching and maybe play a couple games for like 20 minutes total while waiting.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S6 After November Update Now Eats Battery Life!
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you go into the battery in the settings what does it say in there that is using up the power?

Is it the android os or the android system ?

Did you try Volume up-Power-Home and go into the recovery mode. Then go down to clear cache partition using the volume down to get there. Press power then use the volume down again to say yes press power again.Then just reboot the phone like normal. This will clear out old files that may still be trying to use the battery. It will not change any of your settings but can help with a lot of different problems that you maybe having

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you go into the battery in the settings what does it say in there that is using up the power?

Is it the android os or the android system ?

Did you try Volume up-Power-Home and go into the recovery mode. Then go down to clear cache partition using the volume down to get there. Press power then use the volume down again to say yes press power again.Then just reboot the phone like normal. This will clear out old files that may still be trying to use the battery. It will not change any of your settings but can help with a lot of different problems that you maybe having

0 Likes
jas0n
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kathy - Doing the clear cache thing seemed to have worked! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Top battery usage on my phone is:

Screen (even though I have this turned down practically as low as it will go)  5%

Phone Idle 5%

Android OS 4%

Android System 2%

0 Likes