Galaxy S7 sound cutting out when playing videos.
sre123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought my Galaxy S7 phone only 2 weeks ago.  When i play videos in Facebook or Youtube , or even a video I recorded myself, the sound stops after about 2 seconds. I just chatted with Samsung who, as usual, seems like they don't know anything about this issue. I have found many posts on their community forums and on AndroidForums.com about this same issue.  None of the suggestions posted in these forums by other users have solved the issue. I deleted several 3rd party apps at the suggestion of the Samsung rep and it didn't help. I really don't want to do a factory reset because I did that on my S5 right before buying the S7 to solve a different problem and proceeded to lose ALL my texts and a lot of my contacts.

Any ideas???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
bearone21
Legend

if other apps are open & updating, you only have so much bandwidth to use....stop some of the other apps when watching a video.

all of your text messages could've been xferred to the s7 with samsung smart switch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Playing videos is a major portion of my time on my device, sre123. I would be lost if my audio cut out after 2 seconds. Please try closing your other open applications, as bearone21 suggests. Here is how: Press the Menu button to the left of the Home key to clost all your apps. Then try your videos.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes