Galaxy6 keeps turning off and on
Rossvy

My Galaxy 6 shut down in the night with a dead battery. I plugged it in this morning, waited for the battery to charge a bit, then turned on the phone. It's been shutting off and on continuously ever since. I've powered it off and also did a restart. It continues to happen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy6 keeps turning off and on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. We never want you to be without a great working device. I would recommend a factory reset at this time. See how to do this here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152189/

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Try doing a soft reset by holding down the power key and volume down key. You'll get a menu pop up and you can select Normal Boot from the Maintenance Boot Mode. Shut off the phone and don't let go of the keys until that screen comes up. Alternatively, shut the phone off and simultaneously press and hold volume up key, home button and power key. Once this Android logo figure comes up you can let go of all keys, after about 30 seconds it will pull up a Android System Recovery screen and you can also select Clear Cache Partition to see if that helps. You can also see if you downloaded or updated any new apps and uninstall those as that might be the problem as well.

There is also a Wipe Data/Factory Reset option in the System Recovery Screen that will wipe out your whole device and fix any corrupt issues with your software if needed. That will more than likely fix it.

0 Likes
Rossvy

Thank you. Unfortunately it did not work. I did not do a data reset yet. Still exploring.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are greatly appreciated; let’s get to the bottom of this! Has your phone been exposed to any physical/water damage? How long does the device stay on before powering off? Did you let the charging cycle get to 100%?

AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rossvy

No physical/water damage that I know of or can see. The phone has stayed on for up to 2 minutes, however normally shuts down much more quickly. The charge was at 20% when I turned it on for the first time this morning.  I can turn the phone off and it will remain off. But, if I turn it on, it's continuously goes on and off. It will not stop until I physically turn it off after my home page appears.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. We never want you to be without a great working device. I would recommend a factory reset at this time. See how to do this here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152189/

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
phonephone

I have the same problem. But also, the and softkeys are not working, nor lighting up. I am trying a factory reset but the screen is now stuck (past 30min) on the Verizon logo page.

Any help appreciated the phone was purchased from Best Buy on September 11th, 2015 and I have an otter box.

Thoughts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Terribly sorry to hear that you’re running into these type of issues. Lets ensure things are running in top form. May I ask if the device was able to complete the Factory Reset?
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
phonephone

Dear YosefT_VZW,The phone still had problems. I went to Best Buy then Called Samsung. The phone is under a year warranty so it is now with Samsung. I hope they'll be able to fix it. The phone is great!Best,BRet

[removed]

“My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” Winnie the Pooh

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Rossvy

I had all the same problems and tech support deemed my year old phone defective and sent a replacement. It stay on long enough to use the NFC to transfer my data (or most of it anyway) to the replacement phone.

Also after many tries I was able to get a factory reset done. When turned back on, it was initializing as if it were a new phone. I hope that meant my data was erased.

Glad BB replaced your phone. This is the last phone I'm getting with the non-replaceable battery. Taking the battery in and out does miracle's when the cell gets hung up.

0 Likes