Gallery crashes and then pictures are blocked or corrupted. How do I get the pictured unblocked without constantly unmounting and mounting the SD card?
Xenabpw

I just recently bought the S7 - loved the camera - until...Gallery crashes and then pictures are blocked or corrupted. I was just taking pictures and saving them to my SD card (there's plenty of space). I tried to copy the pictures to my computer - but when I copied them (I did not move them), the pictures cannot be viewed, and the folders disappeared from the phone as well. What a mess!

0 Likes
Re: Gallery crashes and then pictures are blocked or corrupted. How do I get the pictured unblocked without constantly unmounting and mounting the SD card?
bearone21
Legend

the sd card may be defective & didn't come with the phone, you added it. replace it.

Re: Gallery crashes and then pictures are blocked or corrupted. How do I get the pictured unblocked without constantly unmounting and mounting the SD card?
Snn5
Legend

Try to format the card in the phone for the phone.  If no dice, replace.  SD cards WILL wear down with each read/write cycle.

bearone21
Legend

if formatted, the pics, music will be gone.

Xenabpw

I actually have thousands of pictures on the card, some backed up, some not. The strange thing is that I can see "some" of the pictures, but not all, which "kinda" tells me that there is eithr a corrupted file somewhere, but I cannot figur out which file it is.  I'm not sure if it's a corrupted file that is causing the gallery to fail or if it is the gallery app itself.  Either way, I may have to buy or search for a cheap way to restore the files from the mini SD card (I've done that before!!).

0 Likes
Xenabpw

I find that if I unmount and re-mount the card - in the Settings => Storage menu of the Galaxy S7, then it clears up some of the issue....very odd.  I have had this card for a few years - I'm surprised it lasted this long - but I'd still like to recover some of what is on the card regardless. I think I'm going to dig up my old S4 to see if it works on that.

0 Likes
Xenabpw

Yea - I know I'd loose the pictures/music - I'm trying to not have to do that - I'm computer savvy - just not android savvy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xenabpw, my photo gallery is the most important part of my phone, so I definitely feel for you. Lets work to get yours running smoothly.

Do you have videos, memes or pictures downloaded to your gallery from a web browser? Have you tried backing up your phone then trying a new SD card?

MarcusScorrectly. _VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes