Gingerbread update error !!!
seemee4285

After downloading, updating and reboot, Gingerbread updating process is stopped and the error message says,

"UPDATE FAILED or INCOMPLETE. reason: IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED" 

Anyone who can help me solve the problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread update error !!!
MightyJimmy

I have the same error message. Sent an email to Verizon. Still waiting on a response.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

One 'possible' solution I've read worked for some others when getting this

same error for the Froyo ED05 update was to:

menu

settings

Applications

Manage Applications

Click on the 'All ' tab at the top.

Scroll down list and look for 'InnoPath ActiveCare' ( this is the update program )

Clear Cache then Clear data

Then 'home' key

Make sure "mobile data is turned on and Wifi is turned off' in  Menu.. Notifications..

then

menu

settings

about  phone

system updates

Check New

0 Likes
MightyJimmy

I tried this but I'm still getting the same error message.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

MightyJimmy and community, I know that software issues can put a damper on using your phone completely.  We do all that we can to make sure software updates go through properly. I'm truly sorry if your having issues after the update and understand how frustrating it can become. When software updates cause error messages to appear or unknown issues to arise we like to advise customers to perform some basic steps to trouble-shoot their issue. Start by clearing the cache history, and cookies. Secondly, lets put the phone into safe mode. Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step can help determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. After performing these steps ensure you perform a battery pull to soft reset the phone. Directions for clearing memory and putting phone into safe mode are below. 

Here is a link to the software update page which will provide you with additional information about the benefits

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

Steps below to clear cache, history, and cookies

1. From the home screen, select Applications.

2. Select Browser.

3. Press the Menu button.

4. Select More.

5. Select Settings

Clear Cache

From the Privacy settings section, select Clear cache
Note Visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.

Select OK.

Clear History

From the Privacy settings section, select Clear history.
Note A listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited.

Select OK.

Clear cookies 

Some cookies contain customized preference and login information for previously visited websites. Once deleted, the website may prompt for this information again.

From the Privacy settings section, select Clear all cookie data

Select OK.

Steps to enable and disable safe mode 

1. Press and hold the Power button.

2. Select Power off.

3. Press the Power button

4. When the Verizon logo appears, press and hold the Menu key. 
  5. Safe Mode will display in the lower-left.

6.  Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.

7. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Steps to disable safe mode. 

1. Press and hold the Power button.

2. Select Power off.

0 Likes
MightyJimmy

I followed the steps up to getting it into safe mode. Once the screen went into safe mode, the screen went blank with the four buttons staying lit and the phone would not respond. After a few minutes, the screen came back and it was not in safe mode any longer. The update still won't work.

0 Likes
MightyJimmy

Update still won't work.

Name: SCH-I500_CommercialPackage_ED05_EH03

code: 410

0 Likes