Gingerbread??
jfon0604

It seems other phones are getting the update today, is it also coming to the Fascinate?  When?

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread??
pastelball

I really don't think we will ever see it. Since they are only selling refurb ones now. 

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, come on Verizon.   Push Samsung a little on Gingerbread for the Fascinate.

Phone is only 12 months old. I'd expect upgrades for at least 18 months.

Rolling out to a lot of other Samsung phones.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

I think the Fascinate still has a shot at getting a Gingerbread update this fall. The Droid Charge should be getting it this fall....lots of leaks have formed for it and the newest 2.3.5 build seems to be very snappy from what I hear, the Charge has similiar specs the Fascinate has just a Super Amoled Plus display, .3 inches bigger screen, 4g lte, 8MP camera and 512MB of ram...other than that pretty much similiar, so the Fascinate should be able to handle Gingerbread, I think the have just put their efforts on other phones first, and then they will get back to the Fascinate. I could be way off though and very wrong, but I hope they release it for the Fascinate too, it is a nice phone :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

My understanding is the major manufacturers all signed agreements with Google to support Android phones for 18 months so I would think that the Fascinate would surely get an official Gingerbread release despite the phone's checkered past.

Froyo took an agonizingly long time to reach the Fascinate so be prepared to wait.

I've been running a custom ROM for a while now and the Fascinate works very well with Gingerbread. It is faster, smoother and has a somewhat better battery life as compared to Froyo.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee
Hi Herbb623 and all forum members,

I understand your desire for an OS upgrade on your mobile device. While we do not have any information about when or if a new OS Update will be ever released for the Samsung Fascinate, please be assured that we will push any OS update when and if one is released by the manufacturer in the future.

0 Likes
jwf2tao

Please, where/how do you do the custome ROM to support Gingerbread for Fascinate....I desparately want the audio enhancements available in 2.3.3. Merci beaucoup...!!!

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Due to forum rules we cannot provide instructions on how to install any non VZW  supported OS.  But Google is your friend. 

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

Perhaps I won't step on anyone's toes if I say: there is an individual who's online name is jt1134. You may find his work with the Fascinate quite interesting...

0 Likes
JayPeriod
I wouldn't ever expect Gingerbread for the Fascinate. It has been ended as a phone from Verizon. Those of us with the Continuum are still waiting for Froyo, which appears won't be happening. Verizon is showing that they have no desire to continue to support phones that don't sell well, or which give them problems. They simply refuse to show loyalty. Hey, they have more customers than anyone else. Why should they be concerned with a few unhappy customers. Don't expect to hear anything more from them, other than the canned responses, like the one above.
0 Likes