Gingerbread
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

After reading alot of the posts here I and many others have came to the conclusion that Froyo (2.2) is a failure for most Fascinates.  It is time Samsung and Verizon work on getting Gingerbread (2.3) out in order to finally put the missed call issue to rest or let folks "tweak" their devices without the fear of no support or loss of warranty.

Gingerbread runs fine on the Fascinate, yes there are a few bugs here and there but as far as stability goes the OS is much better especially the 3G signal.  Of course every device is different but all in all most that are using a version of Gingerbread are very pleased.

I hope this thread doesn't get deleted due to violations (I don't think there are any). It is merely meant to be informative letting folks know there is hope out there to salvage the Fascinate and make it the phone it was supposed to be.

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I think they Have End Of Lined This Devise

It has Made Both Samsung and Verizon Look Bad

PR Nightmare

I do not Believe we will see much if any in the way of update's

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

wardcst24 wrote:

I think they Have End Of Lined This Devise

It has Made Both Samsung and Verizon Look Bad

PR Nightmare

I do not Believe we will see much if any in the way of update's

Yup, Verizon retired the Fascinate this week, the only ones available are the ones still stocked in stores.

droid-life.com thinks that Gingerbread will be made available OTA to Fascinate owners but after that it's over.

I'm with SFObrien on this. Gingerbread is running very smooth.

0 Likes
Bobby50Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Running JT Vanilla Gingerbread 2.3.5 & EC09 Radio, is this a stable no dropped or missed calls fix?

0 Likes
JayPeriod

Wow!  Us Continuum users have been trying to get Froyo, just so we can have hope of getting Gingerbread.  It seems the Continuum has also been EOLd, but with zero hope of Gingerbread.  Hope Fascinate users get it.  Seems a shame that a phone being EOLd means users are thrown to the curb.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

JayPeriod wrote:

Wow!  Us Continuum users have been trying to get Froyo, just so we can have hope of getting Gingerbread.  It seems the Continuum has also been EOLd, but with zero hope of Gingerbread.  Hope Fascinate users get it.  Seems a shame that a phone being EOLd means users are thrown to the curb.

It sure would be nice if XDA or Verizon comes out with a stable and easy d/l version of Gingerbread for our phones.
0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Bobby50Jones wrote:

Running JT Vanilla Gingerbread 2.3.5 & EC09 Radio, is this a stable no dropped or missed calls fix?

It is for me.  I was about to do the Verizon swap before I loaded this up.  Again keep in mind that all devices perform differently.  But I recommend giving it a try.

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

SFObrien wrote:

Bobby50Jones wrote:

It is for me.  I was about to do the Verizon swap before I loaded this up.  Again keep in mind that all devices perform differently.  But I recommend giving it a try.

Same here and I'm running nightlies. There are a few issues left to deal with on CM7 but the list is getting shorter with every release. The biggest at the moment are call volume is a bit low although I can't really notice, ringer vol is low as well and I can notice that and the signal bars aren't working (signal bars fix is due for the next nightly, possibly today).

Gingerbread, even in it's unfinished state with this ROM, is superior to the OTA stock Froyo that I was running.

0 Likes
Bobby50Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is for me.. What issues do you have with this, i dont know how to

{edit for TOS violation}

and or do the install and will have to have it done, it is several miles to the one doing the

{edit for TOS violation}

and install, i dont want to travel several times a week to get updates.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

SFObrien wrote:

After reading alot of the posts here I and many others have came to the conclusion that Froyo (2.2) is a failure for most Fascinates.  It is time Samsung and Verizon work on getting Gingerbread (2.3) out in order to finally put the missed call issue to rest or let folks "tweak" their devices without the fear of no support or loss of warranty.

Gingerbread runs fine on the Fascinate, yes there are a few bugs here and there but as far as stability goes the OS is much better especially the 3G signal.  Of course every device is different but all in all most that are using a version of Gingerbread are very pleased.

I hope this thread doesn't get deleted due to violations (I don't think there are any). It is merely meant to be informative letting folks know there is hope out there to salvage the Fascinate and make it the phone it was supposed to be.

Most leaked rom disable security restrictions to load and customize the OS and device and as long as this method is bypassing configured access rights the Manufacture or Service Provider wont consider the developers methods viable to use.

0 Likes