Gmail account
DougaldMcLaurin

I was told I needed a gmail account to set the fascinate up.  I told the person I already had a Google mail account but not a gmail address.  They said I had to have a gmail - so I set it up.  They transferred all my old phone stuff to the new phone.  I need my other calendars and e mail to sync.  Would I be in big trouble if I removed the gmail account they told me to set up and use my Google with my business name in it?

0 Likes
Re: Gmail account
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Your gmail account is used to sync all your contacts, calendar, and app downloads. So, as long as you haven't paid for any apps or put any critical information on your phone, it should be fine. You may need to do a factory data reset to clear the old gmail info which will mean getting your phone set back up, but it sounds like you haven't done that much with it yet.
0 Likes
Re: Gmail account
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You may have to verify this with your phone, but when I started a "Add new google account" it did call the account google and not gmail. So I don't see any reason why you couldn't use an existing "google" account address.

Hope that helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes