Gmail vs phone contacts
shunyata

When I purchased my Fascinate, the salesperson imported all my contacts as "Gmail" contacts.  I cannot customize these contacts as I can contacts that I enter as "Phone" contacts (picture, ringtone etc.  What to do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gmail vs phone contacts
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

if you hit the menu button in contacts, there should be an option to export the contacts to the sd card.  Then use the import option and you choose Phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
christmasElf

Create phone contacts that you can customize and Link them to your google contacts. Both sets of values will appear in the combined contact.

For example, create a phone contact and put a ringtone. When you Link it to the google contact, only one contact will show and it will include both the google contact info as well as the custom ringtone.

0 Likes
shunyata

Thanks, I did that for a few, but too tedious for all of them. Also, seems like it adds another step for voice recognition to misinterpret when voice dialing.  There should be a way to bring them all over from Gmail to phone (we are living in the future you know). I am sure someone will figure it out..

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

if you hit the menu button in contacts, there should be an option to export the contacts to the sd card.  Then use the import option and you choose Phone.

0 Likes
shunyata

I knew there was a genius out there somewhere. Thanks.

0 Likes