You can read your Gmail messages from a client or device that supports POP, like Microsoft Outlook or Netscape Mail.
To enable POP in Gmail:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Mail settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- Choose what to do with your messages after your POP client or device receives them.
- Configure your POP3 client and click Save Changes.