Google Wallet, NFC, and swapping batteries
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I installed Google Wallet about a week ago and I must say it works very good. Aside from only being able to use it at McDonald's, Circle K, and Whole Foods so far BUT I got an extra standard battery with charger and confirmed yesterday that if you swap batteries you will have problems using your NFC to pay for things. I am not sure yet about beam operation after swapping batteries but this not being able to use Google Wallet ( and possibly isis ) is interesting. Does anyone know more about getting the other NFC registered or is this just how it's going to be? 

I am considering returning my extra standard battery due to this issue and just getting the extended battery which from what I have read so far will require a Factory data reset to register that NFC. I'd rather only do one reset and get the extra juice then have to worry about if I have the correct battery installed to pay for things. Thoughts? 

0 Likes
Re: Google Wallet, NFC, and swapping batteries
RustyH41

Where did you get Google Wallet?  

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

You can find the link in this thread.  Use at your own risk.  It works fine for me, though.

0 Likes
jsprake1

I found clearing the cache in recovery worked for me after swapping the battery ( I understand it is just a work around and it should be fixed for us swappers)

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

jsprake1 wrote:

I found clearing the cache in recovery worked for me after swapping the battery ( I understand it is just a work around and it should be fixed for us swappers)

Does doing that cause you to lose any other information? Cause like i said,I will probably just get the extended battery and stop swapping but i dont wanna do a factory reset. Those that asked, finding / trusting a Google Wallet source you're on your own.. Try the link above.
0 Likes
RustyH41

I see that VZW, AT&T and T-Mobile have teamed up to produce a similiar application called "ISIS" .  Some press releases say it will be testing in TX and UT in February.  Maybe i'll wait and see what they come up with.  

0 Likes
jsprake1
No data loss just a cache clean up. Not a data reset
0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3
Perfect, Thank you
0 Likes
camerus

I'm swapping battery a lot and I've not noticed the same problem. Just went an buy groceries at Wholefood yesterday. The cashier was amazed to see my phone and asked toons of questions about it:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Changing out the battery CAN cause problems.  It's recommended to factory reset your device PRIOR to swapping batteries to protect your secure element.  If that is corrupted the only fix is a new device.  

0 Likes