Re: Google Wallet, NFC, and swapping batteries
motleycat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered one.  if it works with Wallet, then I will order another.  If it doesn't, well $10.99 for a 3800mah battery isn't bad anyway.

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

Tidbits wrote:

Changing the batteries. There seems to be a problem especially with wallet installed to corrupt the secure element. There's already reports about it on XDA.

Crazy. I have gone between two batteries every day since launch. Usually an extended and a regular, Sometimes if I want more juice, a third if I am going out, even though the second isn't close to dead. Knock on wood, Wallet has always worked.

Got me scared .

0 Likes
siegan

While i was at the verizon store getting my 4th replacement nexus, a customer walked in with google wallet on their nexus and the store agent told them that he could not help her because she had "unauthorized" software because it's blocked on verizon's nexus software.... she was having call drop issues too, and was completey stock 4.0.2 and did not know if it was safe to install the update... thought she had a virus.  Either way be careful with Wallet, maybe it causes issues with verizon's version of ICS?

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

First mistake was going into the store. Second mistake is letting a sales person troll through your apps looking for something that causes dropped calls. You can get apps from all kinds of sources and if an app from an unknown source is causing any issues deleting the app or factory resetting the device should get rid of the issue. A factory reset is the first thing the Tech support is going to have you do. DO NOT talk to sales guys about technical questions. Most of them have barely any idea what they are selling yet alone how to fix it.

I've had Google Wallet installed since February and I have never had calling issues. 

0 Likes
siegan

I think you may have misread my post, no one had calling issues due to wallet... just that a lady walked in and they wouldnt even look at her signal issues and gave the reasoning as " you have wallet installed which voids your warranty. "

Only reason i went to the corp store is that the rude lady on the phone called me a liar and said that i wasnt having signal issues, but only trying to get free credits/new device.  The agent i got at the store uses the nexus himself and said he's on #3, but claimed that samsung can fix them but they have to be shipped to korea to be fixed... /shrug

0 Likes