Google see's what?...
robinr56

So, now after I buy my new phone and have it over a month, Google says they are going to watch and share all the info and follow us everywhere we go? If I would have known that I would have went with an iphone. I think google or verizon should buy back the google phone or let us change phones for free....

0 Likes
Re: Google see's what?...
Tidbits
Legend

Stop listening to the tinfoil Hatters. All opt outs are still there and you can always opt out after the fact of the change. Nothing has changed other than a unified privacy policy. Would you like to read all 60 of them for all their services or just a unified single one?

robinr56

The way I understand it is, if you opt out you can not use google.? You mean thats not true?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's the same way as it was before.  You will still get advertisements and such just not ones that'll be based on your interests and travels.

For example I live in Hawaii, and I opted out on a lot of Location based items from Google.  I will get advertisements in Florida for example which has nothing to do with Hawaii.  If I had that stuff opted in then I would see Hawaii only ads and if I did travel to somewhere I may see a few ads here and there with the state I am in.

0 Likes
robinr56

Ok. I belive it also says you have to fill out a profile with them......I,ll lie through the whole thing.

0 Likes
Google see's what?...
Tidbits
Legend

If you want to, but it doesn't matter...  If you ever have used Google Wallet, or Google Checkout they have that information anyway...

0 Likes
robinr56

No, I would never put that out there.

0 Likes