Great article about the Galaxy Nexus update saga
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I think this guy does a great job of objectively explaining why Verizon won't update the Galaxy Nexus.

http://www.phonenews.com/in-depth-user-frustration-rises-as-verizon-galaxy-nexus-falls-further-behin...

0 Likes
Re: Great article about the Galaxy Nexus update saga
TJ80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great article. I have a feeling VZW will go either two paths. First, since the VZW GNex is EOL, they will never release any further updates for it or like some rumours have said, they will release 4.2 when Key Lime Pie 5.0 comes out. Until then, I say ROM it to get 4.2

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The HTC Thunderbolt has been EOL for at least six months and it has gotten software updates since. The HTC DROID Incredible also recently received an update and that phone is nearly three years old with an EOL two years ago.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Were those Android updates or network updates from VZW?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Android updates for the Tbolt. GB to ICS. Check out the Tbolt space here.

The Dinc update was a software update to reduce reboots caused by the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

The fact we have no update according to this article seems to be rooted in the Google wallet/secure element claptrap that vzw has been spouting.  That tells me it's all about Isis and the fact that this VZW crudware can't compete with wallet.  However I've read that it was because wallet used the se, and the se is Google's and VZW didn't like that... it gave wallet a so called unfair advantage over Isis.  But that turned out to be just another vzw lie... as Isis ALSO used the se.  see:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/10/3751538/verizon-google-wallet-galaxy-nexus-secure-element

Which argues the opposite regarding the SE.  Fact remains, you can't get wallet because vzw isn't ready with Isis.  Hold off the competition until you cram inferior product down everyones throat.  VZW lies about wallet, they lied about the GNex being a real nexus, and I for one don't believe them about anything anymore.

This article:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/19/3785538/verizon-isis-app-secure-element

If true, exposes VZW for the liars and hypocritical dopes that they are.

spearfish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great read.  I hope Verizon can take a moment to enlighten us with an ETA on an OS Update.

shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is probably zero chance of getting 4.2.2

carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I'd gladly use Isis to see how it compares to Google Wallet if I could. I have wallet now and it works well. I use it a few times a week but it's more of a novelty than anything else.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Or better yet wait until my contract is up and then SEE YA!!!! I'll take me and my 5 lines to a carrier that values my $. I have now doubt that VZW is appreciative of the fact that I pay them every month. I just don't think they care if I leave. Thank God for choices. To be honest I'll probably try out an unlocked Nexus 4 and not deal with a contract.