Group Texting Issues
JMR1006

I have a Galaxy S9+.  I am part of a group text string of 11 people.  Everyone has an iphone except me.  I am not receiving the text messages from at least two people.  They can send me individual messages but when they text to the group, the messages won't show up on my phone.  No one else is having this problem.  This is quite frustrating since this is a work string and I'm missing parts of the conversation.

0 Likes
Re: Group Texting Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your device to its full capabilities is vital, and I can understand how frustrating it can be when you are not receiving all the information needed. You mentioned that all the devices in the group messafe have iPhone except for yourself. This means that the cause of your issue may be the sender themselves as they may have their iMessage settings set to not allow SMS messaging. The reason I have come to theis conclusion is due to the fact that the other senders in the group message also have iPhones, and are not having the same issue. 

AlfredoR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

they need to send the message to your email, not your phone number.

0 Likes
shumbu

I think many people have the same problem.... Verizon network has problems sending and receiving group text messages. The typical answers Verizon gave were more questions, more like "other people's problems". I.e., what phone are you using? what app are you using? Was it a problem with just one number? 

Verizon, you need to own up your shortcomings. I used Samsung, HTC and LG before. All of them have the same problem. The app is nothing more than the text app that android phones usually come with. And the issue can arise with any number.

This is very frustrating, and Verizon, you need to fix this problem of yours. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes