Group messaging issues with iphone
Cafelaura

I am having troube receiving group messages from Iphone users.  The group message starts off as SMS and then converts back to imessage so i no longer receive them.  I have been deregistered from Apple I message and do not seem to have trouble getting messages 1-1 from apple users. We have also deleted all old texts from the group. 

0 Likes
Re: Group messaging issues with iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cafelaura

Group messages are a great way to keep in touch with friends. I rely on them all the time. When did you switch from the iPhone? Are you able to receive group SMS from other non-iPhone users ok? Are you able to receive picture messages? Have your iPhone friends tried to remove your contact from their phones completely and then re-add you?

ChristompherM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Group messaging issues with iphone
dgh1981
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this happens if iPhone users don't delete existing group message threads. IPhone won't check if someone deregistered from imessage in an existing thread, only new ones. All users in group message should delete the threads then it should work fine.

0 Likes