Re: Group texts not working
laurenGalaxyS9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey all, 3 months later here. I'm still having the same issues, despite having spent many many many more hours on the phone/email/live chat with support. I was able to get tier 2 tech support to say that we've exhausted all possible avenues, so the issue must be with my Samsung Galaxy S9 device.

So in July I upgraded to a Galaxy S20+. Same issue persists. I was then luckily able to get a ticket filed with "the engineers", who appear to have successfully sent me a picture message, then declare success and send me a link to a troubleshooting webpage suggesting that if I'm having any issues, I should make sure I'm connected to the internet and that my brand spanking new device is not defective.

Now it's September. I just had a signal booster installed in my house, so any possible out for Verizon ("hmm looks OK on our end, are you sure you have a signal?") can be mitigated. My signal is great. It matches the signal my partner has on his Sprint/T-mobile phone. Guess who crapped out of our group chat with mutual friends within 20 minutes? This gal.

wecoan

Same issues here. I switched my Moto G7 Play to Verizon a few days ago, and immediately started getting bizarre "file not supported" or "message expired or not available" messages on group threads. These messages go to the individual chat, not the group chat. I've tried wifi (which is a Verizon jetpack) and mobile data. I've cleared the storage and cache for the Messages app, restarted the phone, removed and re-inserted the SIM card. No change. I'm using the Messages app that came with my phone. Tech support walked me through all those same steps again and then tried to get me to do a factory reset, at which point I said no.

I've been using this phone for a year and never had an issue like this. It started the day after I switched to Verizon. It makes me give pretty serious consideration to jumping back to my old provider before my 14-day trial period is up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the best possible wireless service experience so that you don't have to even consider moving from our Verizon family, wecoan.

You mention that you are using the default messaging application that comes with your phone. Please download, install, and use the Verizon Message+ (https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/) as your default messaging application and see if this resolves your messaging concerns. We want to ensure that this issue is not caused by the application that you are using.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Milo007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just joined Verizon because i thought it would be better than Sprint. 

NOPE

Its wonderful having this group chat issues pop up randomly. Verizon, you got me for 2 years, but Ill be moving on when it's over. Only 23 months left.

0 Likes
Crawls98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I might be on the same VerizExit bandwagon - this is ridiculous. Same thing, several years, and counting. Now with a Samsung Galaxy S10, but it happened with prior models as well. How can something as simple as group texting be a hiccup?! And neither Verizon or Samsung want to take ownership. Ugghhh!!! Makes me wanna get an IPhone and switch back to Sprint(TMobile). 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no. We don't want to see you go. We want you to be able to use your group texts. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
JDelta

Well add me to the ones leaving!

Came to Verizon from Google Fi to get better coverage. (sprint network)

The small extra coverage  is not worth the problems.

All seem to be wifi based.

Have this problem and incoming WIFI calls don't connect on the first call IF they call back I can hear them on the second call. Have never been successful at getting a real person on the line for customer service.

Going back to Fi, half the price half the problems.

0 Likes
jane5083
Enthusiast - Level 1

Um, not 1,000 but tens of thousands. Makes me want to switch.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, We would be more than happy to look into this for you. Have you ensured your Wi-Fi strength is suitable for Wi-Fi Calling? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
Red5dc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, just found this thread and I've had this issue for years. I use message+ and just upgraded to galaxy 10e, which I was hopeful would solve this issue.  Nope, not solved! I'm texting on a group message and then realize that suddenly none of my messages are going through, and incoming texts also get backed up/ received way later. I've spent hours over the years with support, reset, cleared caches, etc. But I still can't reliably text in a group! How is this still an issue?