Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HELP
Bobert8675

I have had the fascinate for 2 days now and started using the pattern lock...well now it says that i have used the wrong pattern and i need ot unlock my phone with my gmail log in...I tried doing that but it says i am not using a valid gmail user name or password...I know this info is correct as i just signed into my gmail account online without any problem...Bottom line my phone is locked and I do not know how to unlock it and all of the verizion stores in my area close at 6 on sundays

0 Likes
Re: HELP
PJNC284

Unfortunately this issue has been around on android for a while and looks like they still haven't fixed it.  From what I've seen, the only way a factory wipe.  To do this, hold volume up and volume down and then press the power button.  You should get a screen saying Android System Recovery and there's an option there to wipe data/factory reset.  Use the volume down button to select it and press the Home soft key.  Do note that this will erase everything from your phone.  You'll need to log into google again and redownload apps.  Your contacts and calendar should remain though. 

0 Likes
natcon1963

after following the instructions it returns to the "Too many pattern attempts" screen.

Ideas?

0 Likes
KHP

I just purchased the new Fasinate and need some help. There are icons on the screen that I do not want there and do not know how to get rid of. Also, there ar icons in the applications I do want on the front screen and do not know how to place.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
@KHP
Long press the icons you want to delete until they release and while still pressing on the screen, drag the icon to the trash can at bottom of the screen.

To place icons on the screen, open the app list. Long press the icon when the screen switches to home screen drag it the desired location.

Both methods should be discussed in the user manual. You can find the manual online at either this website or on Samsung's website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RickBNA

You cannot delete the BLOATWARE that came with the phone (i.e. Bing/Kindle/Blockbuster etc)

0 Likes
PJNC284

welllllllll, technically you can. :smileywink:  But that's neither here nor there.  The only benefit of removing them is that you don't see their icon in the app drawer since any performance boost or increase in battery life is negligible at best.

0 Likes