Hard/factory reset
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I dread ever doing this because I don't think there's a way to save all your settings for your apps, etc unless you are rooted.  Is that still true?  Back up assistant doesn't back up everything....or it didn't use to.

0 Likes
Re: Hard/factory reset
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I haven't done the factory reset after the Jelly Bean update. I did do it a few weeks after the update to 4.0.4. I don't bother to restore my application data or even reinstall on the applications back on the device. There are a few exceptions where I do backup the app data to be restored. In the end, I will have the phone restored to full usability within a couple of hours. Email, text messages, photos, and regularly visited websites bookmarks are back on the device and accessible to me. The app shortcuts and widgets are mostly restored depending on which applications are reinstalled.

Actually when I reset the Nexus, I also reset the Tbolt. I will have to admit working on two phones at once wasn't the easiest thing to do.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

I did do the factory reset. Its always recommended to do one after a major software update.I was having a few hiccups with the battery and bluetooth. My issues are resolved and this is one of the best devices I have owned. I see myselfkeeping it for the long haul unless something drastic happens.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only reason why I haven't factory reset after the Jelly Bean update is because I wasn't seeing any issues. I will probably do one eventually just for fun.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Well......when you do, be sure to let me know how much fun you had <grin>....frankly, my kindle app gets reset, I have to remember the new books I've downloaded recently....I can't always remember which books I bought when I look at the complete list, I have to go look at my invoices and download them again, have to delete the only android setting and create a new on as what happens w/ a re-install of kindle.

All my tweaks for Launcher Pro, my keyboards.....well if there are those users that are no nonsense users....use ever thing out of the box "as is", etc......then I'm the other end of the spectrum....I'm full of nonsense and tweaks on my phone :O).  So because of that, I'd just almost rather be hung than do a factory reset.  The excitement of a new phone wavers all my resistance though.  I'm wondering how much I'd get for my phone and upgrade the the Note2 coming out in November...I bought that protection plan from Best Buy so I don't get skinned if I buy a phone and something TOTALLY new comes out 3 weeks later.  So, if I do, I'll gladly reset it. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cynindesign wrote:

All my tweaks for Launcher Pro, my keyboards.....well if there are those users that are no nonsense users....use ever thing out of the box "as is", etc......then I'm the other end of the spectrum....I'm full of nonsense and tweaks on my phone :O).  So because of that, I'd just almost rather be hung than do a factory reset.  The excitement of a new phone wavers all my resistance though.  I'm wondering how much I'd get for my phone and upgrade the the Note2 coming out in November...I bought that protection plan from Best Buy so I don't get skinned if I buy a phone and something TOTALLY new comes out 3 weeks later.  So, if I do, I'll gladly reset it. 

LauncherPro has a backup setting feature that I have used to restore my settings and homescreens on a DROID Eris.  I haven't used LauncherPro since retiring that phone.  I have noticed if I copy and restore all the folders in the storage space of the Nexus that my dictionary and customization's will restore on SwiftKey.  Especially since I restore my SMS messages and have SwiftKey relearn from them.

0 Likes