Has anyone received their free Gear VR or S2 from Samsung Promotions yet?
wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

My submission for Gear VR was sent in on March 9th and approved on March 22nd.  The status has said for weeks now that the estimated ship date is 4/1/2016.  It is now the 6th and I've heard nothing.  I submitted a question to the promotions website customer service and they just said to check the status website for updates, and they were not help whatsoever.  Has anyone received their free promotion gear yet or heard anything useful on the delivery of these?

Labels (2)
1 Solution
tq802
Enthusiast - Level 3

I submitted mine on March 9th as well but I don't even have a ship date yet! If you look at the (now updated) Terms and Conditions, it states:

Terms and Conditions amended March 19, 2016 to reflect initial supply of 300,000 Gear VR and 35,000 Gear S2 outlined below have been claimed and to provide an alternative Gift option in lieu of delayed Gift delivery (see below).

Gear VRs or Gear S2s claimed before March 18, 2016, may be sent within approximately six to eight weeks after verification of Offer Claim Form, but in some cases, it may take longer for delivery (some items may not deliver until approximately May, 2016 based on item availability).

When you check your status on the Samsun Promotions web site, click on the Terms and Conditions - the updated info is in blue. I know this doesn't help a whole lot, but it kind of explains their delay in a sense. At least you have a ship date though!

View solution in original post

98 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@holmes0105
This is definitely a step in the right direction. Where did you check your status on My Verizon or Samsung’s website?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

yea, I'm beginning to think they changed this for everyone since their estimated shipping dates were causing so many questions for their support people.  If it really had been processed and sent out yesterday like our statuses say, I would have expected tracking info at least overnight.  But nada.  Figure I will give it a couple days yet, then start bothering them again Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Aggieman

I received the Gear S2 yesterday and received the tracking number the moment it delivered 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 3:13 PM, wheelswagz<forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

Has anyone received their free Gear VR or S2 from Samsung Promotions yet?

created by wheelswagz in Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge - View the full discussion

yea, I'm beginning to think they changed this for everyone since their estimated shipping dates were causing so many questions for their support people.  If it really had been processed and sent out yesterday like our statuses say, I would have expected tracking info at least overnight.  But nada.  Figure I will give it a couple days yet, then start bothering them again

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well my status finally changed today.  From "estimated ship date of 4.1.2016" to "your gift has been processed and is currently in route".  But I've received no email or tracking number or anything yet.  This is for Gear VR.

0 Likes
tq802
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went with the Gear S2 and my status changed to say the same thing today: Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route

0 Likes
jrh0828
Contributor - Level 1

I received my S2 on Friday, 4-8.  FYI for new S2 users.  Unless you want to use the watch as a phone and pay VZW $5 a month, when the 'activate' window opens when you turn the phone one, touch the 'X' and enjoy.

VitoHGrind

So just to be clear, this is the 3G version of the watch then?  It has the speaker/mic built into it?

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

I also have a new FedEx delivery coming from Brightpoint in Plainsfield,IN which I expect is my new S2 watch.  Delivery is scheduled for April 12.  Great news.  Surprisingly this falls right in the front part of the 4 - 6 weeks weeks for delivery the promotion indicated.

0 Likes
mt99

I just got a text from my FedEx Manager that they had picked up a package for me.  When I logged on and checked, it is coming from VZW in Memphis, I am hoping it is either one or both of the VR's that have been showing an estimated ship date of 4/1 for about 3 weeks now.

0 Likes
Aggieman

I had a 4/8 ship date and was told by several people the s2 had shipped and i should get it on or before 4/8. I called when it didnt arrive they said now its not shipped and i have to wait the 6-8 weeks. So i asked if the people  I spoke to prior lied and told me anything she told me no comment but it has been approved.

[Removal required by theVerizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Jared2004
Contributor - Level 2

According to FedEx Manager my VR is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Submitted 3/10 with expected ship date of 4/18.

0 Likes
mt99

I upgraded 3 phones, so I submitted for 2 Gear VR's and one S2.  The VR's have shown a estimated ship date of 4/1 for the past 2 1/2 weeks.  I received an email yesterday on the S2 that it might be summer, the ship date on my approval e-from all the post that Prize Logic has no clue what they are doing, they can't seem to track anything.  Obviously, Prize logic is having some serious issues, hopefully Samsung and Verizon are taking note of how they have handled this for future reference.

0 Likes
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
Leahx1127
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an approved VR submission with 4/1 ship date, still nothing. I emailed prizelogic and didn't get a reply back yet.

0 Likes
wguy05
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Everyone, this was my conversation with Prizelogic today..so not helpful except for the fact that my watch has not been shipped. Still waiting.

Hi. My status currently says, "Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: 4/8/2016" What does this mean? Should I be receiving my S2 tomorrow? Or will it be shipped tomorrow?

10:51AM

You will be receiving an email with a tracking # when your item has shipped. please be sure to check your spam and junk folders as well.

I got an email yesterday that it may not be coming till Summer, is this true? Are you able to look up my tracking number.

There is currently no tracking # available for your package, per the terms and conditions, certain orders may be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

0 Likes
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

I've had my S7 for close to a month now and still no watch....by now I expected a lot of people on this board saying they received it already.

0 Likes
wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

So people are just receiving the S2's and nobody has gotten Gear VR yet?  Gear VR is what I'm waiting for and my shipping status still says April 1st, maybe it was an April Fools joke or something!   It has said this on my status since March 22nd when I got the approval email, with no changes as of today.

0 Likes
forgiven1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received this email today

Your Submission Has Been Approved!

Hello,

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
May and potentially Summer 2016.

Once shipped, we will send you an email with your tracking number.

Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC/PR res. From 2/23/16 through 3/18/16, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from a participating retailer and follow the instructions to submit Offer Claim Form and purchase receipt online. Offer valid with device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease, or outright purchase at full retail price. Purchase requirement varies, please check with your Carrier. Starting 2/21/16 at 1:00 AM PT Customers who have pre-ordered a Qualifying Device from a participating retailer may visit the Website and enter their valid e-mail address to receive a reminder e-mail on 3/4/16 once the Offer Redemption Period has begun. Must submit Offer Claim Form and valid purchase receipt online by 4/15/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Limit one (1) Offer claim per qualifying purchase. Subject to terms and conditions. Additional restrictions apply. Click here for Offer Terms and Conditions. While supplies last. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Customers purchasing in-store or online from Costco, Sprint, Target, or Best Buy retail locations will be subject to terms and conditions outlined by the respective carrier or retailer for point of sale redemption and are therefore not eligible for redemption on SamsungPromotions.com.

Privacy Policy
© 2016 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung, Galaxy S, and Gear are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. OCULUS and the OCULUS logo are trademarks of Oculus VR, LLC. All other brand, product, and service names and logos are marks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Please do not reply to this email. If you need to contact us with questions or feedback, please contact .

Samsung Electronics America
85 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660

0 Likes
wguy05
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got that today too. But on the status website it says shipping date of 4/8. I am very confused now.

0 Likes
Kathy0529
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received this, too, just a few minutes ago.  I'm hoping that my original estimated shipping date of 04/18/2016 still stands, but I cannot verify because I keep getting an error when I go to check my submission.  Oh well, better late than never I guess!

0 Likes
tq802
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received that email too. Except when I checked my status yesterday (for the the past couple of weeks) it said my submission was accepted but no estimated shipping date. I submitted it March 9th or 10th!!! This is terrible. I sent a message to the customer service area yesterday - haven't heard anything back yet.

0 Likes