Having problems with large texts, getting a modified message.
lkrfnmax

I received a large text in two parts and then received a message stating of " preceding msg modified, Media objects were removed'????.    The other party received a message stating of not able to send enhanced messages to my unit??? 

Has anyone else had any problems with this or knows how to fix it.,  thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Having problems with large texts, getting a modified message.
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

When sending a message that is over 160 characters, it usually will send more than one message to the phone.  Try changing the message settings on your phone.  In the options menu for messaging there are message settings for the message size and other options.   These settings would need to be changed on both devices.  

If the problem persists I recommend having our technical support department reset the account to receive Enhanced TXT Messages as plain TXT Messages (SMS) thereby preventing the garbled display problem.

0 Likes
242gt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Noah could you be more specific as to how to access these options?  All I find are options to increase or decrease the storage size under " text message limit".  

Thanks

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

For the default messaging application that comes with the device, there are only limited options like  changing the storage size.  You can download another messaging application off the Android Market for more options.   If you are having problems with  the majority of the messages you are receiving, it would be more of an issue with the features you have on the account rather than the message settings on the phone. 

0 Likes
brendanmccabe

I have the same issue with my Samsung Omnia i910. I never had this with any of my older dumb-phones. Lately, the messages 

have been getting scrambled. I get messages like:

2d~KAl2n5K 5{>io

I've had this phone for a year, and this is only a recent problem.

0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Noah,

The problem being described is on the list of known issues that was released immediately after the Fascinate was launched in September.  It is even noted in this VZW Forum (http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/Leaked-Verizon-document-reveals-all-known-issues-with-...).

It has nothing to do with account features or message app settings.  The Fascinate, as many other Verizon "smartphones" does not support enhanced messaging.  Verizon Tech Support can't help with this issue unfortunately.

0 Likes