Help: Galaxy Nexus Not Receiving Some Text Messages
eteich

Good Morning,

I have a Galaxy Nexus (completely up to date) that has developed an interesting problem as of late.

Some times, on my notification bar, it will tell me I have a text message, I'll drag it down and it will tell me who it is from and part of the message. When I go to the message, it disappears.

I've gone into my message history on the Verizon Usage site and I have no record of receiving the message from the number.

When I talk to the people who sent me the message, they can tell me exactly what they sent.

There isn't a pattern for when this happens. It doesn't necessarily happen to the same senders, the senders have been a mix of Apple and Andrioid and I'm pretty sure are a mix of providers (2 of 3 are AT&T, the other could be too), and it doesn't happen all the time.

Thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Help: Galaxy Nexus Not Receiving Some Text Messages
MattyTeaks

I have the EXACT same issue. I have figured out that it is usually group messages via MMS when this happens.

I have turned both off and continue to have the same issues, though.

Usually this works fine, but in some group conversations I've had in the past, the first initial message is never received. Same issue continues, even without group messaging turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand the importance of receiving all messages! Do you notice this happening while on WiFi or 4G/3G? Please test both ways and report back your findings. Additonally, provide us with the software version. Go to settings >about>build number. Let us know at your earliest convenience so that we can better assist!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BillTheEngineer

I have the same thing occasionally.  usually for me it looks like messages from people i don't know and the messages are odd to.  Almost seems like a spam message.

anyone figure this one out?

0 Likes
bostonsportsfan

My wife is having the same problem. Usually doesn't get group texts.

0 Likes
chicago-pack

I am also having this same problem.  Doesn't matter if I'm on Wifi or on 4G.

Has anyone found a solution or a workaround?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello chicago-pack,

Help is just a post away! Please allow me the opportunity to showcase our dedication to getting this issue resolved for you. May I ask are you using the stock messaging app? How much device memory do you have available? Also, can you share with me the software and android version that you have installed on your Nexus. As you provide the details of the issue then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried signing into the "My messages" service on verizonwireless.com? (https://ebillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/secure/messages/messaging_media.action)

I think you have to sign up for the free service, and then going forward you can view and respond to text messages via any web browser. It won't tell you anything about past texts, but going forward you may be able to see these "disappearing" messages. This may be able to solve the problem, or at least find the cause. If they are disappearing from the phone but not the site, it may be a phone problem, but if they are disappearing from both it may be a network/Verizon problem.

0 Likes
chicago-pack
  • Galaxy Nexus
  • Android 4.2.2
  • Using the stock messaging app
  • 13.33GB total internal storage
  • 4.37GB available
0 Likes