Re: Help me un GREY the settings feature in the desk Verizon cloud app
Gladhatter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I did reach out to them at that email!  I hope to hear from them as I just realized now that I got into the supposed settings there that the folder select button has nothing to do with moving the directory for the local copy but instead it allows you to go in there and disallow further from the apparent 10 ONLY directories you get to back up from.   Furthermore, I went back to registry as that reinstall yall talked me into wiped out my registry hack and thus it then REWROTE the local copy back to C:\USER\Verizon Cloud from where I moved it to 😧 and now I have two local copies to deal with and all that band with wasted downloading all that a second time.   The genius AI demonstrated in the feature unfilled app simply has out smarted its self here and ended up as dumb as a coal bucket about like the usual Verizon rep I get on the short end of the straw.  Must terrible to be you! 

0 Likes
Gladhatter
Enthusiast - Level 3

On a more serious note.  I think my regedit is going to hold and I can keep the files of C driver Users and D where I wish them or ideally again, they would be removed in total off local drive. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any frustration you are having with the desktop version of the Verizon Cloud App, Gladhatter. I appreciate you sharing these details and let's keep working on the problem. I had issues with seeing the screenshot at my end. Are you able to access the Verizon cloud on your mobile phone? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the desktop of the My Verizon Cloud? Here's a link for more details https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-78792/ .

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reinstalling it again. The Settings for the desktop app primarily relate to the Verizon Cloud account. Please try signing out of the app. You should have a Cloud icon in the bottom-right corner with options to pull up the app as well as signing out. Please check if the Settings option is the same before and after logging back in.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes