Here is the swap answer for N7 - What about VZW online purchases?
jdmnd2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand where it is that VZW expects those of us who purchased N7's through them online to just return our defective device! I've been following and searching for days just to get this update which still doesn't include online pre-orders. I'm beyond frustrated as are so many. Come on VZ, you can do better than this! Make an official statement as to how we are to return devices that were shipped to us. Shall I just go out on my porch and throw the defective device in the air and hope that one will come back to me? We purchased two of these N7's and we all deserve much better treatment for an issue that is not the fault of your customers. Seriously, please get it together. It's awful that all of the inquiry's on this forum which is moderated by VZW customer service only have ONE reply. ONE! Get it together VZ, we as loyal long time customers deserve better than what you've put out there. Or HAVEN'T put out there. ... smh

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced that Samsung is recalling its Galaxy Note7 Smartphones and told consumers to "immediately stop using and power down" the recalled Note7 devices purchased before 9/15/16. On Wednesday, 9/21/16, Samsung's new Note 7 will be available. Verizon strongly advises that you replace your current Note7 with a new Note 7. Verizon is waiving the restocking fee when you return or exchange the device to the location you purchased it from. For your inconvenience, Samsung is providing $25 off any accessory or a $25 bill credit. Learn more at www.Samsung.com/us/note7recall/ or http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/Samsung-Recalls-Galaxy-Note7-Smartphones/

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
lynne_vzw
Verizon Employee

The last thing we ever want to do is leave an unsafe device in a customer's hands, habana. Let's ensure you can get your exchange right away. Our corporate stores are being equipped with sufficient stock to handle all the exchanges that are necessary as early as today. You can stop into any location to get a new device, and have your data transferred over. What is your zip code so we can find the closest location to you?

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

31 Replies
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

OK, so I am at the Verizon Corporate Store right now talking to the Sales Representative. This is the store where I brought my Note 7 for a "pay for loaner phone" temporary trade-in. Here is the latest. "The phones are supposed to be here tomorrow, we do not know how many we are getting, and they are for sale to everyone on a first come first serve basis". So, I ask what about the people who previously bought the Note 7, including those who still have the phone. All she could do was shrug her shoulders and say she didn't know.  Now I don't blame these sales reps at the store they have been great, they are doing their best with very limited support from Verizon, but I live 30 miles from this store and it is the closest one to me, I  will be back tomorrow after work and if I cannot trade my phone for the Note 7 I will give back the S7EDGE (I just got it last week) and look at other options. Maybe AT&T will have it in stock. Just sick and tired of the whole deal.

0 Likes
CYNTHO91
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fyi johham55 I've called 10+ corporate stores and they all, pretty much word for word, said exactly what you just wrote....  kinda funny......  

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I'm truly sorry about the experience you had at the store location. The exchange should be easy and painless because we do care that our customers having a working device they love. We also want to make sure you remain a happy customer with our family. We don't have information about the number of phones each store will receive, however, the representative should process the return and new phone purchase with no issues or inconvenience to you. If you continue to have issues once they receive their inventory of devices, please contact us by phone and we will discuss the best way to exchange your phone.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

It just seems to me that all of this talk about "The Safety of our Customers" is a load of crap! If the safety and concern of their customers was first and foremost they would be more interested with getting those units out of people's hands and supporting the customers they have sold the Note 7 to already.

lobro1023
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got through speaking with a Verizon rep on the phone.  The man I spoke with was very helpful & more than happy to assist me & my husband with getting our replacement Note 7s. They should arrive by Friday.  I did have to pay sales tax again, but he said that it would be refunded once they receive the recalled device. I am very satisfied. 

MAXSMOM382
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has been done a poor job on this one. There is no consistent information on this process. I could understand customer service representatives in the beginning not having all the answeres but now 2 weeks later they should know what the replacement process is and be able to relay that to customers instead of placing them on extended holds to only come back with no information. Yesterday I was so pleased that 2 different representives confirmed that I would indeed be able to exchange my Note 7 via phone and it would be mailed to me but that I would have to wait till rge Morning of the 21st to do so. WELL I have spent the last 1 1/2 hrs getting the run around  again. People who work can not leave their job and spend 2 hrs in Verizon and is why we ordered online in the first place. Verizon store takes hours and is not an option for many of us This is NOT the service I expect from Verizon.

amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

We would never want to give you the run around Maxmom32. I understand the importance in making sure that you get your revised Note 7. Have you been able to make it at the store?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MAXSMOM382
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was posting over frustration of inability to go to the store and Verizon recantinng previous statements made to me of mailing my replacement. So no I have not been to the store.  Please review your staff is very inconsteint on the handling of this. This forum is full of the people expeirencing the same problems. A  very few lucky ones have had their device mailed.

jdmnd2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suggest you read the whole thread and take notice of the other two CSR's that have also given half canned answers, just to my post. Which once again leaves me wondering what I am to do. We live in a small part of Southern Maine and there is only ones store nearby which is a 40 min drive. We have a very sick dog at home and other things going on like all humans do. Seriously after waiting patiently, reading all information coming into this forum, statements from other tech sites, statements from Samsung and also CPA, I am stunned that even in this one thread let alone the many, many, that posted under N7 recall, none of us are getting the same information. Many of us are really trying here to be patient and give it time but we are not being treated fairly at all and we deserve better. Since I am replying directly to you, maybe you could just clear up some of this now, instead of waiting for more of us to comment and another CSR coming on with a different canned answer. Seriously, VZW you need to do better by all of us here and selling to new customers when Samsung sent out 500,000 new units for carriers to TAKE CARE OF RECALL CUSTOMERS FIRST. So, please. Reply. Do I go to the store or not as we ordered two N7's online and have hung on to them waiting for a SOLID answer. We also used our upgrades and traded up our phones for a discount and the last thing we need right now is VZW making money off our misery and charging us as we are setting up a new account. We have a very ill dog and she needs that money to survive... thanks.

0 Likes
sturner888
Enthusiast - Level 2

The primary reason I ordered online is because I'm disabled, and it's quite difficult for me to go Anywhere. . .  After a week of being told by Verizon that my ONLY option was to exchange at a store, I finally had some luck yesterday!

After some polite persistence, and striking out with the first 2 reps I spoke with, the third time was the charm! Not only did Valerie have my replacement and return packaging shipped Yesterday, she Also went ahead and credited the sales tax and first payment from the original purchase! I'm just happy that I finally reached someone that was willing to make the effort to do some digging and make it happen. Her company, through their poor planning, should've Never put her in the position where that was even necessary! I'm also glad I'll have both phones at hand, so I can transfer my data/settings in the comfort of my recliner!  versus being rushed in a crowded store. Looking forward to the new phone, which is scheduled to be delivered by 11am tomorrow (Thursday). 

Pipeweld
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called today, and they said they would send me a new one through the mail.

0 Likes